What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - OTHER GAMES 2023

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Of course bitch kicks it. Anyone else think this game is a set up? Don’t get me started on the dolphins

Quigs

Immortal
Credit where credit is due: watching the last minute of game time where Cleary took the penalty kick from inside his own half and then landing it right near the 40m mark and then as you please from the restart tap kick, landing that crucial 2 point field goal from what, 45m out was just rugby league perfection. So clinical.

I can't imagine too many other halfbacks pulling that off.

fizman

Bench
Sorry Lads, we have been sold down the river. Rugby League is a five hit ups and kick to the corners game today - incredibly one dimensional. I would love to know the total number of points that are scored off a "six again" or a "penalty".

In the 1990's when Mitch Healey was the pioneer of the high bomb and the Sharks scored plenty of tries - the great Phillip Ronald Gould stated that "Tries scored off kicks should be less than running Rugby League".

So, if we look at how many points are scored from six again, penalty and kicks there isn't really that much "champagne Rugby League" being played.

The games from the old days were far more entertaining.

Sorry Lads, we have been sold down the river. Rugby League is a five hit ups and kick to the corners game today - incredibly one dimensional. I would love to know the total number of points that are scored off a "six again" or a "penalty".

In the 1990's when Mitch Healey was the pioneer of the high bomb and the Sharks scored plenty of tries - the great Phillip Ronald Gould stated that "Tries scored off kicks should be less than running Rugby League".

So, if we look at how many points are scored from six again, penalty and kicks there isn't really that much "champagne Rugby League" being played.

The games from the old days were far more entertaining.
The first 10 minutes of a game can be tedious as foook watching the 5 hit ups bomb to the corner.

DJDL

Bench
The first 10 minutes of a game can be tedious as foook watching the 5 hit ups bomb to the corner.

Sadly some games never stray too far away from that formula.
I didn't watch last night but, reading the completion stats, I'd have to question whether it was largely the case there.
@fizman's comment would suggest so.

PJ

First Grade
Had Kayo last year but not renewing, so I had to listen to the 9 coverage.

My god it is woeful, so ended up turning it off.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Of course bitch kicks it. Anyone else think this game is a set up? Don’t get me started on the dolphins
Dolphins are on a being served wins on a platter. NRL can NOT afford them to fail

Wouldn't surprise me to see them get the rub of the green tonight and beat the Broncos.

Won't surprise me if they play semis.

Will this start you off?

Stake Removed

First Grade
This kid Pezet seems to go ok for Storm, good to see for a rookie.

Luke Brooks he is really struggling for the tigers he needs to go

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Dolphins are on a being served wins on a platter. NRL can NOT afford them to fail

Wouldn't surprise me to see them get the rub of the green tonight and beat the Broncos.

Won't surprise me if they play semis.

Will this start you off?
That’s the start and the end is that their success ensures an appetite for another team without the “look at the dolphins failing and you want another team” headlines.

Quigs

Immortal
Sheeze how crap are the Tiges. They are hard enough to watch, just imagine what it would be like if you followed them.

R-15-3

Juniors
Tigers have shown small patches of better football till brooks stuffs everything. Would have to be very close to getting hooked.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Credit where credit is due: watching the last minute of game time where Cleary took the penalty kick from inside his own half and then landing it right near the 40m mark and then as you please from the restart tap kick, landing that crucial 2 point field goal from what, 45m out was just rugby league perfection. So clinical.

I can't imagine too many other halfbacks pulling that off.
He should take up Union.

2 point field goals, will never be accepted by me. I did literally turn off.

To much kicking not enough running and using of hands.

You want foot skills, watch soccer, if you want no skills watch VFL, if you want third rate athletes watch Kickby Union.

2 points for a field goal, f**k it why not three.

I hate the world.

Latest posts