What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - OTHER GAMES 2023

Quigs

Immortal
shit, shit, shit and far-can shit.

Gawd, I've got to put up with loud mouth shit heads for another week.

Quigs

Immortal
Well that was a very interesting last twenty minutes in the Easts game. Some very cranky forwards with wayward elbows.

I wonder if throwing a water bottle at the head of an opponent comes under the review of the Match committee.

Chimp

Bench
JWH one of those players who has been ever so fortunate to play in the ‘no biff’ era. He’s a plastic hard man - has he ever even thrown a punch?
He reminds me of Stuart Fielden who played for Great Britain - he was a very good prop, liked to give it the verbals and cock his fist as though he was going to throw one, but never did…. Unfortunately for Fielden, he played when there was still a bit of biff in the game, and famously cocked his fist at Willie Mason, who duly sparked him! Fielden was never the same player again, lost all of his aura in that 1 moment - nobody in super league even was intimidated by him after that. (Mason was also handed his arse by Jamie Peacock in immediate retribution.
Whilst I’m on this tangent, I think that era is where we had the rules just right (mid 2000’s). Defences were controlled (but with minimal wrestle), the cheap shots/king hits etc were out of the game (or very heavily punished on the odd occasion it happened), but the game still had its full blown gladiatorial battles, blokes could belt each other, level each other with legal shoulder charges and fight when need be - there was real hatred between players and teams, and the players had the ability to settle scores out on the field.

Quigs

Immortal
Don't get me going on it Chimp.

But I reckon JWH would of handled the Biff era pretty well. He certainly 'played' with a couple of the Pennies forwards and put them off their games.

Be good to see every side have a few JWH's in their sides these days. It would certainly make the boring games more interesting.