What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Overrated Bands

SBD82

Coach
U2 just came on the radio. I cringed and changed the station before I realised what I was doing.

Bono was interviewed talking about what a great guitarist The Edge is, and how he revolutionised guitar.

What a load of bollocks. As far as I'm concerned U2 is just another overhyped pop band. But for some reason people fawn over them. I just don't get it, and I don't imagine I ever will.

Any other suggestions for overrated bands?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Probably showing my age but to me, the best bands evolved in the 60's could really hold a note and or play an instrument ............... Beach Boys, Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Badfinger, Doors to name a few and the 70's .......Eagles, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, Liver River Band to name a few.

To me, the most overrated performer would have to be Boy George.
Can't sing for sh!t.
Can't play ans instrument.
Head like a smacked arssehole and so called music to match.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Morrissey
Uriah Heep
Simply Red
Genesis
Coldplay

In no particular order except that Morrissey deserves top spot.

SBD82

Coach
You can't tell me that the U2 song "Pride (in the Name Of Love)" is not great. It is great
I'm telling you exactly that. It sounds like they recorded in mono and decided to master it by cutting out everything low range, and the only thing they left in the mid range was Bono's tedious voice.

Gareth67

First Grade
Probably showing my age but to me, the best bands evolved in the 60's could really hold a note and or play an instrument ............... Beach Boys, Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Badfinger, Doors to name a few and the 70's .......Eagles, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, Liver River Band to name a few.

To me, the most overrated performer would have to be Boy George.
Can't sing for sh!t.
Can't play ans instrument.
Head like a smacked arssehole and so called music to match.

Good looking bugger isn’t he . Let me guess , he was one of your favorites ?

Bench
Many years ago there was a site where fans good try and predict the songs played by Bob Dylan, called Dylanpool.
The site admin banned the use of Phil Collins in any posting, if you did all you saw was P++++ C+++++.
I nominate Phil Collins as one of the most overrated singers and that is putting in mildly.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tough one..

Nirvana were critical at bringing the grunge sound to the mainstream, which in turn helped drive the success of countless other bands..

That being said, had Kurt not killed himself I think they wouldn’t be as popular as they are now.. It’s amazing how an early death creates a legacy..

And amazing how many grunge singers we’ve lost already, even though it’s only been 25 years since it went huge..

Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland, Layne Staley..

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Tough one..

Nirvana were critical at bringing the grunge sound to the mainstream, which in turn helped drive the success of countless other bands..

That being said, had Kurt not killed himself I think they wouldn’t be as popular as they are now.. It’s amazing how an early death creates a legacy..

And amazing how many grunge singers we’ve lost already, even though it’s only been 25 years since it went huge..

Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland, Layne Staley..

I like Nirvana, but the romanticising of Kurt's struggle f**ks me right off.

Death is always good for business.

Latest posts