What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Peter Beattie

fizman

Bench
If the Commonwealth Games are any reflection of Peter Beattie's leadership, Rugby League is in serious trouble.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
He was talking to some little kid on the today show this morning who was wearing a Barcelona FC jersey, but he thought it was a Newcastle Knights jersey.

What an oaf.

Disclaimer: I do not watch the today show, i saw it on Facebook.

Card Shark

Immortal
If the Commonwealth Games are any reflection of Peter Beattie's leadership, Rugby League is in serious trouble.

Can someone please explain what the uproar is?

I’ve heard the athletes aren’t happy but what’s the story?

carcharias

Immortal
Can someone please explain what the uproar is?

I’ve heard the athletes aren’t happy but what’s the story?
The closing ceremony was meant to be about the athletes
They were meant to be televised entering the stadium with Kurt Fearnley as the flag bearer.

Beattie ( his call - he’s in charge ) decided run it so the only thing televised was him making long boring speeches and then rubbish entertainment.

Athletes were left sitting on the ground for hours waiting .
They ended just walking out before it was done.
So did loads of the crowd.

The closing ceremony is meant to be like a party.

Quigs

Immortal
I think that Big Pete might be like a lot of other blokes currently involved with or playing in the NRL.

All well past their used by dates.

Re the Commonwellfff Games. I reckon I clocked up a combined viewing time of about nine minutes. And in hindsight I reckon it was about six minutes more than I should of watched.

snout

First Grade
RL never ever ceases to amaze.
You couldnt make this shit up.

They put one useless whiskey sodden tosser in charge in Grant - and every single thing he touches he farks. He flys the world in first class sipping champers and doesnt do one solitary thing to improve the game.

They finally get rid of the prick and go straight back to the same well for a replacement.

Of all the intelligent rugby league men with actual ideas on how to move the game forward we end up with this useless big-headed cock smoking dickhead

Unbelievable.

Card Shark

Immortal
RL never ever ceases to amaze.
You couldnt make this shit up.

They put one useless whiskey sodden tosser in charge in Grant - and every single thing he touches he farks. He flys the world in first class sipping champers and doesnt do one solitary thing to improve the game.

They finally get rid of the prick and go straight back to the same well for a replacement.

Of all the intelligent rugby league men with actual ideas on how to move the game forward we end up with this useless big-headed c**k smoking dickhead

Unbelievable.

My sentiments exactly!

I thought Grant’s lack of knowledge of the game was amazing but this clown is abysmal.

carinashark

First Grade
He just looks well past his use by date. How did he get NRL , C Games gigs? Well there is only one way and it’s not on ability !

fizman

Bench
Well said boys. There is no time he has ever left a post or position in better shape than when he took it on.

If he screws up Rugby League and thinks a big cheesy grin apology will cut it - he is madly mistaken

We all know that Rugby League is screwed anyway.