What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Referees

Kornstar

Coach
Are these the worst ever?

Deadset just handed the Dragons the game.

Last weekend was far and away the worst round of officiating I have ever seen, there were glaringly obvious mistakes in every match!

There is no hope coming through either, some of the calls in the NYC games are just embarrassing......

Their inconsistency in the play the ball area is diabolical, especially the way they ref the Dragons, Melbourne and Manly, they seem to be gifted with an eternity to do what they like but the opposition has very limited time.

Will the commission take the bias out of the game, I know it sounds dumb but seriously, there is clear favoritism in a lot of games!

Eels Dude

Coach
The referees would be better if the rules weren't as complicated. There's too many grey areas in the rules and that ultimately leads to a stack of poor calls every game.

John Kolc

Juniors
Being going on all year. On Friday Melbourne got penalised and Manly got off.
If I was coach I would use same tactics next year.
You will only get penalised for the first few rounds and then they give up. The top teams have worked that out.

:crazy:

the linesmen are no better arent they supposed to be the ones marking the ten yet nearly every game you see players standing offside often right in front of them i think they only see what they want to see

Parra

Referee
The referees would be better if the rules weren't as complicated. There's too many grey areas in the rules and that ultimately leads to a stack of poor calls every game.

The rules are fine.

This is what you get by having Harrigan in charge.

The refereeing is hopeless and will only get worse until he is replaced.

bartman

Immortal
I think the two ref system brings in inconsistencies within a game that weren't there before. Let alone the inconsistencies between games.

Not a fan of the refereeing standards we have these days, despite a massive full-time squad of officials.

Kornstar

Coach
I think the two ref system brings in inconsistencies within a game that weren't there before. Let alone the inconsistencies between games.

Not a fan of the refereeing standards we have these days, despite a massive full-time squad of officials.

And video technology!

Joely01

Bench
Very poor reffering this year...

I think this has been one of the worst years for refs, and the inconsistency is one of the most annoying things.

forward passes have been the hardest thing to watch this year seems like more and more are getting let go...

I really fear that this years final series will be decided by the refs not the 34 players out on the field...

eel01s

Bench
Get rid of that idiot Harrigan for a start. Can't wait to hear him defend the Ryles decision.

jimmy77au

Juniors
Very poor reffering this year...

I think this has been one of the worst years for refs, and the inconsistency is one of the most annoying things.

forward passes have been the hardest thing to watch this year seems like more and more are getting let go...

I really fear that this years final series will be decided by the refs not the 34 players out on the field...

Especially from the play the ball.....god, its the single most frustrating part of the game - and a certain C Smith is one of the biggest offenders in this blight on the game.....