What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Rugby World Cup

Meth

Staff member
Don't bother posting anti-Union BS

I love both codes and I am really looking forward to this tournament. Its wide open. I still think the All Blacks are favourites, but there's also Ireland, England and South Africa at least.

We open up tomorrow night v South Africa. The loser is destined for a quarter final clash against Ireland.

Rich102

Staff member
All the hoopla leaves me cold.
BTY the Warrior Women are on Sunday. Far more entertaining.

TheDMC

Bench
One thing I like about this forum (warriors one) is there doesn’t seem to be the hate Union attitude that is so common and over the top among Aussie leagueheads. Will be at a pub in Manila all tomorrow with a ton of expats from all over, going to be boozy...can’t wait!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I don’t hate union, just find it extremely dull, slow and boring these days and a punishing watch 90% of the time

Personally I’ll be watching the League tomorrow night, but the most interest for me at the moment with this tournament is if Spark can deliver or not, I’m picking some absolute carnage tomorrow night

Meth

Staff member
How are people doing TV these days? Are there any LIVE alternatives to get the NRL?

TheDMC

Bench
How are people doing TV these days? Are there any LIVE alternatives to get the NRL?

I live in asia so watch all the league live or replay on watchnrl subscription service. It will work in nz if you use a sneaky VPN to say your in Asia ...

Will swap my watchnrl access for Spark access if anyone is keen. Haven’t figured out how to watch the World Cup over here other than go to the pub and get smashed, which is not really sustainable for 6 weeks...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

In Aus we’ve got Kayo Sport which is pretty much a Netflix type setup for sport. Way more convenient than Foxtel for me and cheaper. Plus it carries the RWC too.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
And as predicted Spark weren’t up to the task and ended up having to throw the game onto a free to air channel for the 2nd half

Good luck to their phone operators

Meth

Staff member
Good first up win though. Ardie Savea is bloody good. Also impressed with Anton Lienert-Brown and Sonny Bill Williams.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Lots of whinging coming out of South Africa

Garces is an absolute horrible ref.

He didn't cost SA the game, because his horribleness was inflicted on us also.

Owens should have been reffing our game instead of Japan vs Russia.

Spent the afternoon at two pubs watching the games on Saturday here in Shanghai. Places were rammed despite the rain here, and a lot of South Africans came out of the woodwork. Looking forward to catching some of the home nations sides play this week...was a bit too hungover to venture out yesterday.

Watched Wobbilies v Wales, what a strange world I stumbled into, no care for speed of the game, TMO getting involved for a forearm into chest that slides up into head mid field 2 mins after it happened, drop goal still worth 3 points, penalties taken from half way and strangest thing, the Aussies getting screwed by the ref!

Meth

Staff member
Watched Wobbilies v Wales, what a strange world I stumbled into, no care for speed of the game, TMO getting involved for a forearm into chest that slides up into head mid field 2 mins after it happened, drop goal still worth 3 points, penalties taken from half way and strangest thing, the Aussies getting screwed by the ref!

Wales deserved to win.

How good was Japan beating Ireland? One of the great upsets. This World Cup has thrown a few up already.

TheDMC

Bench
Might start a OT Rugby World Cup thread in the main NRL forum just for shits and giggles... will be so much hate

Latest posts