What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: SAINTS SACK COACH OF 5 YEARS!!!

Slackboy72

Coach
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-16/st-kilda-parts-ways-with-coach-alan-richardson/11313122

Coach Alan Richardson has parted ways with St Kilda after five-and-a-half mostly unsuccessful years at the helm of the AFL club.

The club will hold a media conference at 12:30pm, after Richardson has met with the playing group.

The Saints are in 15th spot on the AFL ladder, having won just six matches so far this season.

Richardson has coached the Saints since 2014, but has never made the finals in any of his almost six seasons at the helm.

I'm sure some of you will be devastated by this.

Gareth67

First Grade
Damn well sign the man up - he is an outsider after all , plus if he can coach a team to score using 4 posts then imagine how much easier it would be for him to coach the Dragons where you had to score with only 2 posts ! I can see Premiership written all over him - whatever his name is .

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
How bizarre. The planets are aligning. Twilight zone moment. Both Saints usually follow ine another
Were not St Kilda successful or at least drew the GF also in 2010
I reckon you're on to something here. Apparently St Kilda were also minor premiers in 2009 before drawing the grand final in 2010.

And since about 2011 onwards they've been in a "rebuilding phase" under the watchful eye of a crap coach. Spooky...

How bizarre. The planets are aligning. Twilight zone moment. Both Saints usually follow ine another
Were not St Kilda successful or at least drew the GF also in 2010

St Kilda also won their only premiership (by 1 behind) in 1966, the year of the last of our eleven consecutive Premierships.

Spooky....

rednwhites

Juniors
I am also an ardent St Kilda supporter, my second love after St George. I can tell you, as much as they are in dire straits, they are miles ahead of where the Dragons are. Coach was given every opportunity then eventually told he needed to bring results or he was gone. Pressure got too much, and coach left.

What do we do. We win a couple games and sign him up for 2 more years of hell, and put no pressure on the coach whatsoever. The Dragons are sheer laziness personified. "Things are good enough, let's just stick with it".

Bench
St Kilda is Aussie rules team and crystal palace my English soccer team and of course St George.
I sure can pick some winners with those three