What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Sophie

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I feel like I just got kicked in the guts.

Sophie Delizio, one of those little girls who were so badly burnt has been hit by a car outside her school.

She in a critical condition in Sydney Kids Hospital.

I don't think I have ever had such a feeling of despair and anger at the world's inequities.

0,10114,5149408,00.jpg

Why?

wattsy32

Juniors
Too Right Frenzy,Its enough to make your stomach turn.

God Bless little angel, And hope she has more of that fighting spirit we know she has.

Inferno

Coach
sadly stuff like that doesn't affect me anymore Frenzy, the world is full of injustice and sad as it seems, there are kids a lot worse off than Sophie.

Hope she has a speedy recovery and I will say a prayer for them.

Sam

Juniors
I have a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye writing this. How much can one family go through? I am a great believer in Kharma, what has she ever done to anyone to deserve this. Lets hope she can hold on but a news update just said its not good.

Thomo.

First Grade
very sad stuff.

she has been through so much. and she has touched so many people. a sweet little angelO:)

Dread

Juniors
News just came through that she's not as critical as earlier expected. Will be in intensive care for a few weeks, apparently, however.

Heartbreaking stuff for the little one.

puts some (ok ... all) my bitchin' right back into perspective. yes there are those worse off but this little kid and her family have been through enough hoops already.

good news to hear she's on the critical but stable list and may jah love bring her through this tribulation to greener pastures etc

beekershark

Bench
Excellent thread Frenzy. I was driving home from work when the radio gave the news and was physically moved and speaking to myself in the car about how unfair it was for the gutsiest little angel around. Being a new father it made me very emotional thinking of how her parents must have felt nursing her back after the first accident, then to have this happen.

When I got the news once I got home about the circumstances, that she was hit whilst her dad was pushing her stroller accross a pedestirn crossing, my heat sank lower for her dad. He was doing nothing wrong, nothing within his control made her get hit.

My blood boils thinking of the driver who went through that crossing. I remember a lad on the old forum Hymie. who lived in Rozelle who's Grandma was killed on a pedestrian crossing in Balmain by a driver not paying attention.

I see dickheads at the same crossing drive right thru and my dogs have often nearly been hit when Ive been walking them because drivers don;t stop at crossings.

But the unkindest, cruellest cut of all is Sophie being hit. Yes Dread, news tonight is that her head injuries are not as bad as first thought, and I pray that she will pull thru.

but She shouldnt have to. She's pulled thru once, she shouldnt have to do it again.
The driver should be locked up for a long time.

Its gut wrenching stuff, i have felt it more my self since being a dad, this type of stuff hits home, when your not a parent, you see how hard it is, but once your a parent, it effects you in a different way, its hard to explain

Inferno

Coach
beekershark said:
My bloody boils thinking of the driver who went through that crossing. I remember a lad on the old forum Hymie. who lived in Rozelle who's Grandma was killed on a pedestrian crossing in Balmain by a driver not paying attention.

I see dickheads at the same crossing drive right thru and my dogs have often nearly been hit when Ive been walking them because drivers don;t stop at crossings.

But the unkindest, cruellest cut of all is Sophie being hit. Yet Dread, news tonight is that her head injuries are not as bad as first thought, and I pray that she will pull thru.

but She shouldnt have to. She's pulled thru once, she shouldnt have to do it again.
The driver should be locked up for a long time.

Amen Beeks, I was hit on a crossing in my younger days and the crazy bitch drove off.

Her condition is stabling so, so far its good news, although she is expected to be on life support for a few weeks.

shark_girl

Juniors
I feel sorry for this little girl. Shes such a little fighter. After everything shes gone through, this is just too much. Have they found the b*stard that hit her and drove off yet??

warren

Juniors
shark_girl said:
I feel sorry for this little girl. Shes such a little fighter. After everything shes gone through, this is just too much. Have they found the b*stard that hit her and drove off yet??

I didnt think the driver drove off?

sad news for poor sophie, and her family. hope they get through this, sad stuff.

shark_girl

Juniors
Yeh, he should be locked up the dead mongrel! I swear, if I was a qualified lawyer already, I would see to it personally...

The Dodger

First Grade
this just ruined my night...

poor girl.
why do the worst things happen to the most innocent?
she's a fighter though. she will recover, strongest kid ive seen.

lolesi

First Grade
Very very sad, broke my heart when i heard it on the radio, shattering stuff.

Tough little girl will most prob pull through it to, what an inspiration.