What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Sophie

Typical stuff from the RTA who says its the responsibility of the council
Are they that cash strapped from their top-heavy bureaucracy that they cant fix this sort of thing?
They wont even spend $200 million on installing flashing lights for school zones

ScotaaySharkie

Juniors
I hope that bloke is feeling sooo guilty, he cant have avoided the news if he did get away... on another note we arn't perfect and we do f up from time to time. Hes going to be cursed by literally millions, so i think we have to understand the situation, what if he was you??

Meanwhile all we can do is hope and pray for the family, they have been through so much and that little girl is only 4!!! shes definetly going to grow up to be a very strong trooper.

Oh ffs
He was an old guy who couldnt see because of the sun
He didnt drive off and needed to be treated at the scene himself because of the shock

Sydney's Sophie's dad said he's had problems at that same crossing
The way people carry on over these tacky stories is a bit stomach churning

jc155776

Coach
Rightly said King of the Hill

Tragic accident. Nothing sadisitc or nasty on behalf of the driver. If this was someone else it would have been on the news for a night then gone.

Sophies a damn tough bugger which makes this so horrible. But saying ypu hope the bastard is locked up?? Really, what is that honestly going to achieve?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Yes King, as upsetting as it I have been retiscent to knee jerk and blame the driver. There wasn't any evidence at all to support some of the, I suppose, understandable, negative reactions.

I'm very dirty on fate though. Sometimes it really gets lost.

Thomo.

First Grade
i kniw that road too, and at hat time of the day it is bad.

very unfortunate event :(

prayers and thoughts are with her and the family

The facts of the case need to be examined of course. However, hitting someone on a pedestrian crossing is a fairly significant traffic offence regardless of the circumstances. I think the bloke may be facing serious careless or reckless driving charges.

beekershark

Bench
King of the Hill said:
Oh ffs
He didnt drive off and needed to be treated at the scene himself because of the shock

If he can't stop at a pedestrian crossing, the silly merkin shouldn't have a licence.

Lock him up. 81 or 21, road rules are road rules and this is the worst kind of neg driving.

beekershark

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Yes King, as upsetting as it I have been retiscent to knee jerk and blame the driver. There wasn't any evidence at all to support some of the, I suppose, understandable, negative reactions.

I'm very dirty on fate though. Sometimes it really gets lost.

NO evidence ?

come on frenz, he HIT A CARER PUSHING A PRAM on a PEDESTRIAN CROSSING.

NO evidence to support negatice reactions ?

Rubbish.

If it was a 20 year old P plater in a subaru WRX, the Tele and everyone other public jo would be calling for his head in a 10 year sentance.

THAT churns my stomach King. The double standards.

Aries

Bench
Some years ago, before the F3 was finished, and you had to go up the coast on the Old Pacific Hwy, my uncle hit a grandmother and 2 young kids on a Predestrian crossing at Belmont.

He was in a fully landen Landcruiser(Old Leyland Brothers type) and towing a boat. They were packed to the hilt for a 2 week vacation and 5 people in the vehicle. It was pissing down with rain, night time and he was doing about 40kms, then this IDIOT (The father of the kids) just ran out from nowhere onto the crossing. My Uncle hit the brakes and started aqua plaining. He has basically led his mother and the 2 kids straight onto the crossing behind him. He stops and starts to go one way, then the other then dives out of the way in the last few seconds, leaving his mum and the kids to wear the full brunt of the accident.

In a similar trajic fate, the 4 year old had just gotten out of hospital, 3 months earlier, after 18 months recovering from a car accident. Needless to say, even though he was only traveling slowly, their injuries were horrific...

My uncle was initialy charged with negligent driving causing grieves bodily harm, but in court was exonerated.

Thankfully they all recoved from their injuries, but my uncle, and everyone in the car, are still haunted by it!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
beekershark said:
NO evidence ?

come on frenz, he HIT A CARER PUSHING A PRAM on a PEDESTRIAN CROSSING.

NO evidence to support negatice reactions ?

Rubbish.

If it was a 20 year old P plater in a subaru WRX, the Tele and everyone other public jo would be calling for his head in a 10 year sentance.

THAT churns my stomach King. The double standards.

](*,)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
King of the Hill said:
Oh ffs

yeah spot on King.
Anybody else ever had problems with pram pushers?
I get it every week or so in Sydney.
brave mothers test the traffic by pushing the pram out in front of moving traffic whilst they remain in relative safety.
Surely it would be obvious for pram pushers in particular to wait until all cars have stopped at the crossing? Then leave the curb?

Vehicles should have brake lights on the front as well as the back so pedestrians can see if the driver is slowing down or not.

Obviously there should be traffic lights at this spot. In additon, I think the RTA should trial cameras at pedestrian crossings. The number of drivers who don't stop at pedestrian crossings should be caught out and fined heavily.

There are drivers who just won't stop at pedestrian crossings. They can see pedestrians on the crossing but will not give way.

Those dickheads need a rocket up their ass.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Does anybody else think that the amount of money being spent on 40km zones & cameras around schools are nothing more than a money grab by the NSW labour government?

Wouldnt it be better to stop parents picking up their kids at school. Fullstop. Then we won't have 300 of some of the worst drivers in oversized cars together in a 30 minute period?
& make an internal access road for busses & emergency pickups inside the school & away from main roads?
I have seen schools with this & they have no need for the prior.

Latest posts