What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: State of Origin 3: Discussion

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We were beaten by Pearce and a little less by Maloney.
Pearce has psychological issues - the facade that hides it gets busted under pressure.

Pearce and Dugan stuffed it. Although Dugan did make amends in the end but how bad was Pearce surely that's if for him. He's shit!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mate. We just aren't good enough. Who else are we going to pick? Carney? We couldn't win with him either.
Mate we had enough ball to win 3 games, we had plenty of ball, plenty of field posistion and our forwards won the battle. And what did Pearce do?????? Abolsutely nothing, Farah was our only creative player out there and he had to overplay his hand because our halves offered SFA.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
2014 NSW SOO spine

1. Hopoate
6. Hayne
7. Maloney or Carney or someone even better coming through - any ideas?
9. Farah - or someone even better coming through - any ideas?

I feel our SOO reign will begin when Hayne makes 6 his own.

We've got a great bunch of your forwards coming through, we just need to sort out the backs.
Put Dugan on the wing and get him helping out Hopoate by swapping around where necessary.

Last edited:

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Pearce has done his dash. Hopefully Reynolds starts off next season with a bang so they don't consider Pearce.

Fifita, Dugan, Jennings and Watmough were our best tonight imo.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mate we had enough ball to win 3 games, we had plenty of ball, plenty of field posistion and our forwards won the battle. And what did Pearce do?????? Abolsutely nothing, Farah was our only creative player out there and he had to overplay his hand because our halves offered SFA.

Yep - and this is similar to what has happened in previous years when we have had other halves in the team. Who ever else we picked in the halves would most likely have f**ked it tonight because the pressure would have gotten to them.

All of the great players who are cool under pressure play for QLD, not NSW. Please don't tell me you are still trying to work this out after 8 years!

jk13

First Grade
Bogan made 2 or 3 solid runs fullstop. Everything else was ordinary. Fifita, watmong would b the only ones who would make qld team. But I think you'll win it next year as qld ages.

TheParraboy

Staff member
That simple one on one miss by Josh Morris on Hodges made me sick. Both Morris boys shouldn't be anywhere near the NSW side next year. Josh has been hopeless for the dogs yet was picked. Jamal Idris was damaging this year in every game before getting injured but overlooked

next year

1. Hayne
2. McMannus
3. Jennings
4. Idris
5. Hopoate
6. Sutton
7. Carney or Reynolds

coach - Gould

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Dugan played real good - credit when due.

Pearce was shit - makes to many mistakes, kicking is ok but not good enough for origin (when considering his skill set, apart from defence doesn't excell in any area). Maloney doesn't offer a lot , have no idea why we blood carney last year then leave him out.

Next year for me halves shoujd be carney /Reynolds. Reckon Reynolds kicking game would have won it tonight for NSW (yes that is if he can handle the pressure of origin )

Fifta was great - gee he is getting better by each game

strider

Post Whore
everyone should stop sooking about individual players .... queensland r just too good - they have a bunch of all time greats in their team - nsw currently has virtually none .... we did well to be as close as we were

i was watching replays of past games .... the nsw teams had true greats - but there's just no one like that atm

Eelogical

Referee
Anybody seriously predicting a NSW series winner in 2014? And I mean seriously. I think it will be a certain 9 in a row for Qld.

Latest posts