What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Tariq Sims - out for the year

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sims was charged with a Grade 3 Careless High Tackle for an incident on Sharks winger Connor Tracey that saw Sims sin-binned on Saturday night. As his third and subsequent charge this year, Sims will miss four matches with an early guilty plea or five matches if he contests the charge and is unsuccessful.

1659836673563.png

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Once again not sure how the bunker decides in their wisdom to give him just 10 minutes. Ffs they had long enough to get it right while CT was laying on the deck.

Tariq just became a trivia question,
who did Tariq Sims play against in his last game for St.George/Illawarra?

Frenzy.

Immortal
What about the 2 crusher charges? Tapine must have a prior. Maybe the punch last week?

DJDL

Bench
To his credit he did seem genuinely concerned for Tracey’s well-being.

But yes I thought a send off could have easily been the result.

It’s all well and good to talk about Tracey ducking into the tackle but the point of contact was up around the temple, not the chin. Which tells me it was always going to be high contact.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors

It’s all well and good to talk about Tracey ducking into the tackle but the point of contact was up around the temple, not the chin. Which tells me it was always going to be high contact.
Thats what I thought. He looked genuinely concerned for Tracey. My household was thinking this will be a send off.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I thought it should have been a send off. Look back at Kennedys clothesline on Walsh that had him sent. Different type of tackle, but Walsh was completely fine yet Tracey was in all sorts. I use to think the injury shouldn’t effect the punishment but I’m starting to think the other way. Even if Tracey wasn’t as low as he was, that was a clear shoulder to the head

Frenzy.

Immortal

I thought it should have been a send off. Look back at Kennedys clothesline on Walsh that had him sent. Different type of tackle, but Walsh was completely fine yet Tracey was in all sorts. I use to think the injury shouldn’t effect the punishment but I’m starting to think the other way. Even if Tracey wasn’t as low as he was, that was a clear shoulder to the head

It's all very well to mention ducking into a tackle or being low or whatever other euphemism the commentators of the ex player variety keep plugging to excuse their mates a player can't hit the head of another player.

I refuse to buy into it. He hit him in the head, with a shoulder, with force and that's all she wrote.

Send off every day of the week

Look at what kennedy and burgess got sent off for, clothesline tackles that look spectacular but aren't hurting the player. Then you get a player ko'd the moment he was hit and no send off. Typical nrl inconsistency.

It's all very well to mention ducking into a tackle or being low or whatever other euphemism the commentators of the ex player variety keep plugging to excuse their mates a player can't hit the head of another player.

I refuse to buy into it. He hit him in the head, with a shoulder, with force and that's all she wrote.

Send off every day of the week

Exactly.

The fact that he had no intention to make the tackle with his arms should of been the defining point. He should of been sent. Klein and the bunker f**k up once again. Leading ref my arse.

A guy is being checked for possible neck injuries and carried off on a stretcher should of been the other clue that Sim‘S night should of been over for good.

Chimp

Bench
What I haven’t been able to get my head around for a long time is, blokes get put on report, particularly in cases where there’s an injury as a result of their action and there’s multiple replays for the bunker, and they get either 10 mins or put on report - yet then cop 2, 3, 4 week suspensions. Surely if an action is so serious that it is worthy of even a 1 week suspension, then it should be a send off?
Back in the day, you could only get a ban if you’d been sent off.
As with many other things, if the NRL just applied the rules as they were intended, the problem would disappear….. Serious act of foul play, send off…. Players would think twice about cannon balls, hip drops, crushers (the real ones) if they knew they’d get marched if caught. There needs to be an immediate sanction to stop it happening - the ability for the opposition to hand out immediate physical retribution would also help.

roboshark

Coach
See Annesley has come out and said Klein got it wrong and he should have been sent off

Lol. There is no bounds to Klein's nor the NRLs ineptitude. He will get game of the round next weej

shadowboxer

First Grade
I particularly enjoyed later in the game when Hynes was running off with the ball but Klein called it back.
Sharks challenges successfully and you could hear Klein “I apologise for that one” to Hynes.
If it was play on, it was a pretty likely try.
Inept