What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: The Dolphins

Ozzi_78

First Grade
So their recruitment has improved slightly in very recent times with Bromwich signing on but overall they are struggling way more than I thought they would.

2 questions for the group, firstly do they get a big name and if so who do you think it will be?

Secondly do you think any shark jumps ship to join uncle Wayne?

shadowboxer

First Grade
1st question - dunno - really no idea about who would jump ship from a decent gig to go up north to the club with no name under Bennett and a pipe dream.
2nd question- any under performer or anyone still crying over Morris and his SJ should be faxing Bennett asap. Further, the quality of the squad and the new coaches intentions should mean there will be a few ready to go dolphin - Nikora is a prime candidate

Quigs

Immortal
I for one are hoping that the Dolphs go alright and they really upset the Donkey Machine in Brisbane.

The pricks have had it laid out for them for decades and have this shit belief that they are born to rule. I want to see the Dolphs dominate the Donkeys for years and years.

I could even tolerate the Creepin Jesus if it meant that I be hearing the sounds of loud squealing coming from Red Hill.

ghoti

Bench
I don't think the big name matters much at all...press are blue balling cos they had all their TOP STAR POACHED FROM RIVAL CLUB clickbait ready to go for the off-season, so they're running with Dolphins in trouble and can't sign anyone.. etc

Looks like they'll slowly build a squad of competitors and are realistic about probably not making finals in year one.. experienced hard heads and a thousand jaded Broncos and Titans juniors stuck behind their respective big buys.

Can see Ash Taylor ending up there, as well as many of the Warriors squad fillers located in Redcliffe this year and bouncing the next.

Dunno who'd go from us, but I can't see anyone going who isn't off contract

Stake Removed

First Grade
Nikora - that is unless ends up at warriors.
Jayden Berrell and Jack Martin both off contract end of 22 would be chance.
The player under contract who could go and only if he hasn't locked down position in halves is Trindall, he is a Cab Snakes jnr, and I could see him as possible to move back home

If ye shall look, ye shall find

Was there really another reason to start a thread to ask the same question?
It is still on the first page of this forum.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade

If ye shall look, ye shall find

Was there really another reason to start a thread to ask the same question?
It is still on the first page of this forum.
This thread was about the dolphins as I reckon there is a lot to happen in this space in next 6 months. The sharks bit was just a question.

This thread was about the dolphins as I reckon there is a lot to happen in this space in next 6 months. The sharks bit was just a question.
Better off admitting that you didnt read it.

"with the Dolphins looking more desperate for players every day, I thought I'd look at our players they may be targeting.
BHU, Royce, Nikora, Williams and Pele could be in their sights, and maybe the Berrel kid if he turns out ok.
I reckon we may lose a couple of them."

Why did you come here originally again?
You smell of something else

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Most of our players that matter are signed for '23 and beyond. Priorities for next year should be Jack Royce and BHU and possibly Wade if he keeps his head out of trouble. I'll drive Moyza up there myself. If any of these guys receive silly money offers good luck to them. Gotta remember they'll be leaving a side on the up for a side that will struggle for a few years also.

There will be some targets , No Doubt about it! What Sharks are, what their aims are for the future ,..... and what they are after to meet that , is critical .

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Better off admitting that you didnt read it.

"with the Dolphins looking more desperate for players every day, I thought I'd look at our players they may be targeting.
BHU, Royce, Nikora, Williams and Pele could be in their sights, and maybe the Berrel kid if he turns out ok.
I reckon we may lose a couple of them."

Why did you come here originally again?
You smell of something else
No that’s my bad. I totally missed that bit. Sorry bb , bluey delete merge I don’t mind

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
I can see players like Moylan, Tolman, Graham, hell maybe even Fifita jumping ship for an extended contract. Or a 'one more year' type of thing. Not saying those players will jump ship but expect Redcliff to sign at least one of those.

Eion

First Grade
Jesse will be playing there 34/35 year of age, hardly a coup.

Nichols is 6 months younger and has the plods about him. Smacks of retirement fund to me. Dolphins are struggling.

shaggs

Coach
Bennett will only sign “good blokes” for the initial 2 years.

Have a look at the signings so far. Apart from Bromwich has there been any other scandals?

Inferno

Coach
They'll need at least one big name.

Kalyn Ponga has an option in his favour for the next two seasons I think which I think needs to be activated by June. Knights still don't have established halves and have just lost their hooker for most of the year. In the first 8 rounds they play: the Roosters, the Storm, the Eels, us, Manly and the Panthers.

If they start the season badly I could see the lure of the Dolphins and a big offer getting him over the line. Between Bromwich, Mark Nichols, Ray Stone and Kaufausi they've already got the makings of a decent pack.

carinashark

First Grade
Cannot See them winning any games in 22. Even the Warriors and Tigers will lap them. The first year will be tough , but then it is for all teams.