What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

Quigs

Immortal
frenze-bernard.jpg

I've had the bronchitis all week, which is good because it means I won't have it at the Sharkcast party and the subsequent month in Tassie after.
So that means the plain and simple ole fave, pepperoni, red capsicum, Spanish onion, mushroom, garlic (tonnes of) and chilli pizza.
done in conventional oven, not the weber. Not as good
At least I've got to the stage where I can drink a few beers.
Importance noted.

pizza pep.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
I've had the bronchitis all week, which is good because it means I won't have it at the Sharkcast party and the subsequent month in Tassie after.
So that means the plain and simple ole fave, pepperoni, red capsicum, Spanish onion, mushroom, garlic (tonnes of) and chilli pizza.
done in conventional oven, not the weber. Not as good
At least I've got to the stage where I can drink a few beers.
Importance noted.

View attachment 30957

Nice one

My kids been sick too
Some flu bug
It is going around.
Hope I don’t get it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Baked iggs.

Left) shallot onions, sour cream, dill, black pepper, smoked salmon, 2 iggs then popped with remaining sour cream

R) base is fried heirloom tomatoes, fried chorizo, feta, parmesan, 2 iggs, topped with remainder of chorizo tomato mix

1D9EE09A-3AE0-4B24-8AED-E5A8C31698F5.jpeg
794CBE9B-46F6-4B98-A955-3EDD4B8B312B.jpeg
08D04DD0-D296-4BB2-ACAF-514B2AF7ADEA.jpeg

Eion

First Grade
Capes and Wadeo on a dinner date at Perfectos tonight. Pizza pasta takeaway for me. Gotta get back to see the 2nd half humiliation of the donkeys

Big Bloke

Juniors
I assume anything cooked today by you game day gourmets would have tasted pretty sour after the fare that was dished up today.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Fargue the footy

Get this back on top

Roast pork fillet with baby vegetables and apple chutney

0B057178-36FE-471C-AA9B-F97CEE75FE9E.jpeg

Tonight a classic old Italian favourite

Spaghetti aglio e olio with anchovies

CF91C795-6B78-4568-84D6-8154457E3980.jpeg

Quigs

Immortal
Tonight I had the old quigs special. a four egg omlette. Here is the secret method.
Get a handfull of really thin cut up strips of bacon. Throw it into the electric frypan with a good wack of the cheap cooking spray stuff.

Dice up half a tomato and have it at the ready

While that bacon is burning to a crispy texture beat the four eggs with a fork and add just a dash of milk and heaps course black pepper. Put it in the mickey wave for a few minutes. After say 90seconds throw in the tomato.

Return to the electric frypan and 'circle' up all the bacon to the centre of the frypan.

When the eggs are about 80% cooked in the mickeywave, take it out and drop the lot on top of the bacon cooking in the electric frypan. 'SPLAT!!!"

Flip the omm over after awhile.

Then the big one. Get a tin of cheap bake beans.... heat up half a can full in the Micro Dubyah and when you take the omlette out of the frypan you scrap and spread the heated B/beans over the top. Bloody beautiful.

The Omlette ends up as thick as DaSoup and it has more brains

Frenzy.

Immortal
So, don't you merkins think for one minute I have been idle

Last night's fare

Citrus Roasted chicken

IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2841.jpg

Last week.

Szechuan chicken on the left and pork spare ribs in black pepper homey sauce (this one was scrumptious!!)

IMG_1556.JPG

Frenzy.

Immortal
Pizza night. Felt like some crispy crust pizzas with lebanese bread but Coles was out.

So I got pita bread and made mini pizzas

Ham, pineapple & banana. Tomato sauce

Chicken, sweet corn sauce and baby mozzarella

Chorizo, prosciutto, shallots and heirloom tomatoes

Chicken, blue cheese sauce, prosciutto, olives

B9A5B7A8-D7A6-446F-B967-221D74F4D334.jpeg

Frenzy.

Immortal
I gotta tell yas

One of my fave brevilles is chicken, cheese and creamed corn.

It translated really good to a pizza. Might be even better as a calzone.