1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

OT - What do you do Grand Final Day?

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by Fufu Andronez, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Fufu Andronez

Fufu Andronez First Grade

Just curious what the rest of you gents (and possibly ladies) do on Grand Final day?

Do you treat it as a another day of footy to watch at night?

Do you go out to a certain pub every year, or host a party or venture out to the game?

Or do you just not even watch it because normally the Warriors have drained your enthusiasm?

For me here in OZ, we have a labour day holiday on the Monday so the GF day ends up being a big day, normally a BBQ at mine or at a mates and a fair few cold ones being sunk

2. Blair

Blair First Grade

It's whatever tickles my fancy, last year I got a late invite to a local BBQ, so went to that. Brilliant night, peaking with the whole bunch screaming down the last thirty seconds, it was all Cronulla apart from me shouting 'just give it to a Fijian flyer!'

I worked in 2002 and was up at 4:30 AM on the NSW Public Holiday, so didn't even think about going. I spewed with pre-game nerves, so probably best I stopped at home.

I went in 2011, of course. I also saw the 1998 game, by waltzing in at half-time. Pre-911 it was always so much easier doing this.

I've also been to pubs and clubs, and haven't missed watchng a GF since the very first to be shown live in NZ, in 1985.

I'm going on Sunday night, but only because my brother's bought tix, and without even asking me. I'm bloody good to go but!

Interestingly, I've never been overseas when a GF's been on. How does that go for those that have?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Fufu Andronez likes this.
  3. Meth

Meth Moderator Staff Member

Unless the Warriors are playing in one of the lower grades, I don't even think about the game until about 9pm.

4. Beavers Headgear

Beavers Headgear First Grade

I'll be watching it from home this year, afternoon game I may do something different but prefer to be at home if it's a bit later

Went to 7 of them in a row so getting used to not going again now

5. RHYTHM AND STEALTH

RHYTHM AND STEALTH Coach

Working saturday and sunday nights so sleep sunday day so wont see jack :(