What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Women like Sarah Durazza ruining Rugby League

Lego_Man

First Grade
HevyDevy said:
So you agree with BTR that this girl was at fault, not Watmough, and that Tevita Latu was not at fault for punching that girl in the face ....

:sarcasm:

Watmough didnt touch the girl. He's a boofhead for getting into a fight with the dad, i agree. But there is no doubt she's milking it.

Latu is a low human and i dont defend him.

However i will defend people like the Johns brothers who have copped it from everyone far out of proportion to their actual "crimes".

If you want football players to not gangbang girls, petition your local MP's to have it outlawed. But the irony is the most liberal, permissive lefties are the ones crying the most about this, when theyre the ones who have sown the seeds.

The other irony is all this scrutiny will drive young players to other codes where they know their indiscretions will be swept under the carpet and they wont be subjected to alcohol bans etc.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
Ummm No he didn't

That was another media beat up and set up
Um...yeah he did. Pissed as a mute, stumbles out of a club, collapses in a garden and spews everywhere. In public. In a time where the game is talking down a problem with alcohol.

Again...players need to take responsibility for their actions. They need to accept that their actions can be captured by anyone, anywhere, at anytime. If it's alright for them to film sex to prove it is consentual, then it's OK for them to be filmed acting like a c**k.

Again...easy solution here. Don't f*** up. Simple. It's alright for the wider community, don't know why it isn't alright for them.

Lego_Man

First Grade
The Buster incident was the definition of a setup and shaft. If i was him i'd be filthy at the club.

He broke no laws.

You do a straw poll in this forum and ask how many have done similar, you'll get a lot of hands up. Same with the whole "pissing in public" thing.

CanadianEagle

Juniors
What a silly b*tch using the NRL to further her career!
I said this exact same sentiment 2 days after the watmough incdent on this forum and my post got deleted

Um...yeah he did. Pissed as a mute, stumbles out of a club, collapses in a garden and spews everywhere. In public. In a time where the game is talking down a problem with alcohol.

Again...players need to take responsibility for their actions. They need to accept that their actions can be captured by anyone, anywhere, at anytime. If it's alright for them to film sex to prove it is consentual, then it's OK for them to be filmed acting like a c**k.

Again...easy solution here. Don't f*** up. Simple. It's alright for the wider community, don't know why it isn't alright for them.

And hurt who?

You say; "It's alright for the wider community", yet players are judged far more harshly than anyone in the "wider community" for things that wouldn't cause an eyelid bat if they weren't an NRL player...

I'm not a fan of players getting pissed and making dicks of themselves in public, I'm not a fan of anyone doing that. But it is reasonable to assume that it will happen, and it will continue to happen simply because it happens everywhere young blokes get together.

If the NRL disappears tomorrow, the problem doesn't go with it.

Alex28

Coach
And hurt who?

You say; "It's alright for the wider community", yet players are judged far more harshly than anyone in the "wider community" for things that wouldn't cause an eyelid bat if they weren't an NRL player...

I'm not a fan of players getting pissed and making dicks of themselves in public, I'm not a fan of anyone doing that. But it is reasonable to assume that it will happen, and it will continue to happen simply because it happens everywhere young blokes get together.

If the NRL disappears tomorrow, the problem doesn't go with it.
I didn't say he hurt anyone. Heck - I've done that before. However I'm not a footballer and nobody gives a sh*t whether I do that in public or not.

Like it or not Seymour has a profile. He is representing his club and the game all the time. In a time and age where the NRL is talking down the problem that alcohol poses on the game, we did not need to see this.

If the media didn't scrutinise every bad movement footballers made then this would not have been a problem. However they do and players need to watch what they do.

It isn't that hard...

I didn't say he hurt anyone. Heck - I've done that before. However I'm not a footballer and nobody gives a sh*t whether I do that in public or not.

Like it or not Seymour has a profile. He is representing his club and the game all the time. In a time and age where the NRL is talking down the problem that alcohol poses on the game, we did not need to see this.

If the media didn't scrutinise every bad movement footballers made then this would not have been a problem. However they do and players need to watch what they do.

It isn't that hard...

I don't disagree that players should watch what they're doing, but these things are going to happen unless we handcuff each and every player to Fred Nile when they're not playing.

This rubbish happens in every code, everywhere. In Australia it seems to be when it happens in Rugby League it's magnified, when in happens in other codes (mainly AFL) it's reported once, then everyone moves on.

For example, an AFL player named Jeff Farmer belted his wife, broke a team mate's jaw and then clocked a security guard. Not on the same day, 3 separate incidents from 2003 - 2007, yet he continued playing in the AFL until his retirement last season.

Tevita Latu and Greg Bird were both punted immediately.

So, what we have is either under-reaction from the AFL and/or its clubs, or over-reaction from the NRL and/or its clubs.

The standards are not the same but it's very rarely reported that way.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Sarah Durazza: I Didn't Deserve To Be Spoken Down To And Treated Like I Was A Nobody And A Piece Of Crap. That's How I Could Pretty Much Put It. But With Males Talking Over Females And You Know Doing That In Public It's Violence Against Women. It's Verbal Abuse.

Wtf?

Alex28

Coach
I don't disagree that players should watch what they're doing, but these things are going to happen unless we handcuff each and every player to Fred Nile when they're not playing.

This rubbish happens in every code, everywhere. In Australia it seems to be when it happens in Rugby League it's magnified, when in happens in other codes (mainly AFL) it's reported once, then everyone moves on.

For example, an AFL player named Jeff Farmer belted his wife, broke a team mate's jaw and then clocked a security guard. Not on the same day, 3 separate incidents from 2003 - 2007, yet he continued playing in the AFL until his retirement last season.

So, what we have is either under-reaction from the AFL and/or its clubs, or over-reaction from the NRL and/or its clubs.

The standards are not the same but it's very rarely reported that way.
You know...maybe...just maybe...if our blokes cleaned up their act and stopped being such easy targets the media would have no choice but to target the AFL and Union.

We need to forget about the injustices, the reporting, the differnces in the level of scrutiny between AFL and League because that is not the real problem. The problem is that some League players act like d*ckheads and that behaviour has to stop. The media wont stop reporting.

The next problem is that in a lot of cases, fans see the reporting and think that it is a beat up, that she asked for it, that the media has an agenda rather than thinking that this behaviour is not good enough.

You know...maybe...just maybe...if our blokes cleaned up their act and stopped being such easy targets the media would have no choice but to target the AFL and Union.

Easy to say, a cop-out actually.

It's the players fault, if they were all good little soldiers, we wouldn't have a problem.

Groups of young men have always gotten themselves into strife. That won't change no matter how hard we kick and scream.

We need to forget about the injustices, the reporting, the differnces in the level of scrutiny between AFL and League because that is not the real problem. The problem is that some League players act like d*ckheads and that behaviour has to stop. The media wont stop reporting.

No, we do not need to forget about scrutinising the media. If we do, they set our standard and they're as bent as anyone. They all have an agenda.

As for stopping bad behaviour, good luck with that, so far in the history of mankind no one has been able to do that successfully to my knowledge.

What you want is robots.

What we need to do is what we are doing now, educate the players as to what's expected of them and make them in no doubt that there are consequences for bad behaviour. What we won't ever do is eliminate it.

The next problem is that in a lot of cases, fans see the reporting and think that it is a beat up, that she asked for it, that the media has an agenda rather than thinking that this behaviour is not good enough.

Yeah, no.

Let's not allow the media to set our standards. There are plenty of differing opinions here and that's the way it should be.

If M. Johns had consensual sex with a woman, and that appears to be the case, the only people he has to answer to are his family... not you, I or some reporter from channel 2 who sees this as an opportunity to end up on 60 minutes....

Alex28

Coach
I don't want robots, just respectful human beings. Don't think there's much wrong with that.

Don't you think if there was less of the serious stuff, then a footballer spewing out the front of a nightclub wouldn't rate a mention?

Last edited:
I don't want robots, just respectful human beings. Don't think there's much wrong with that.

No, there isn't.

It's where you're looking for it that's the problem.

Don't you think if there was less of the serious stuff, then a footballer spewing out the front of a nightclub wouldn't rate a mention?

What serious stuff?

Greg Bird was serious.

Serious is where charges are laid. Have Watmough and or Matt Johns been charged?

Is a bloke getting drunk and taking a piss in public serious?

Not to me it isn't.

We judge these blokes way too harshly. The things that happen, happen in all walks of life and in 99.9% of cases, we take no notice. That we put these blokes on a pedestal is our fault, not theirs. They're Footballers, not members of the church choir.

Azkatro

First Grade

The way I view that is the NRL is a morally better code than the AFL. For that, we can sleep better at night. I really think what the NRL is going through in the past decade or so is something the AFL has got coming, and when they do go through the mud, the NRL will be looking like roses.

Slackboy72

Coach
Where does Watmong get off by abusing her father about her appearance? Dont shoot the girl. Its the f**king players that need a taste of reality.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you but you're spot on.
In fact the only thing worse than the players behaviour are all the muppets who come in here defending them.