What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- would you change

roboshark

Coach
Lately I have been thinking about my childhood and things I had and did growing up..

If you could, would you go back to say when you were 5 or 6 and look to change how your life panned out. Or would you not change anything now for the world

Would you pick a different career , area of residence, footy team :) etc

Maybe it's a midlife crisis!!

Whats the point ? Theres a few people better off , a lot worse off , Cant change the past only can have some small effect on the future.

taipan

Referee
Lately I have been thinking about my childhood and things I had and did growing up..

If you could, would you go back to say when you were 5 or 6 and look to change how your life panned out. Or would you not change anything now for the world

Should have never smoked ,gave up mid 30s.Put that money away for the future.
Eaten less red meat and salty foods later on.Result i've had a recent heart valve replacement last week, but I'm still dangerous.

Taken up the guitar .loved my old bongo drum, but you can do only so much.
Kept up my swimming as a teen, more than competitive just too lazy.

My vocational guidance suggested teaching,I ended up in marketing and accounting..

Loved living in the Shire, wouldn't change a thing in that respect.
Loved my teen and early twenty years.
NB I have mid and late night crises just about every week.Asking myself .Whatif ??????

Best decision I made, getting hitched to my blonde rock and the kids and grandkids that followed..
As the saying goes ,regrets I've had a few.I've been dealt cards and played them my way. sometimes a winner, sometimes not so.
My team won a G/F in 2016, that also gave life one hell of a lift.

Frenzy.

Immortal

I doubt I would have had a say in any of those decisions when I was 5 or 6 years old.

I might change a pivotal event in 1967. That was the year I went to my first footy game to see the Sharks. They won. I became a Sharks fan. First in my family. Every other phuquer was a Rabbitohs fan.

I’m sure everyone has some regrets , missed opportunity stories.

I live by the theory now not to dwell on the past but make sure each decade of life going forward can be the best possible. I’m in my late 40’s now and quite satisfied with my life. But shyte yeah I probably could’ve had more fun with the girls at high school and saved money better in my early years of work. Wish I had bought acreage in some of these suburbs that have been up for sub division. Shyte easy money there.

But I’ve made enough good decisions to have a great wife & family, lifestyle and most importantly happiness. Going forward Into my fifties I want to travel a shyte load more, hopefully see my footy Club emerge as a powerhouse off the field and on it. Also to be able to do more things that I want to do rather have to do is also a theme I want to practice in the back end of my life till whatever age that may be.

We are so lucky to live in such an awesome Country. No time for regrets. But plenty of time to make up for missed opportunities.

chewsta

First Grade
When i was in my late teens/early twenties i was adamant that i was never having kids of my own. Not interested, not happening, no way in hell. Fast forward another 20 years and i have a 9 year old son that i couldnt live without. If i knew back then what i know now id have definitely had more kids.
Thats probably my only real regret.

In saying all that though. Single life without kids was pretty f**king epic LOL.

carinashark

First Grade
I had a chance to buy a flat in double bay 32,000$, i was not even 20, could have got vendor finance. I had confidence , just not enough. Future in laws owned it. What was I thinking?
Fast forward 15 years, just returned to OZ I had a chance to buy a house on Cullburra beach just behind the dunes, $75,000 ,the old couple begged me to buy it. I had the money, but oh I wanted to start my own business didn’t I..........But I did learn.
Looking back though, you can’t change the past.

carcharias

Immortal
How’s about he did a duet with Stewart Copeland. I can’t remember the song but I remember it wasn’t a hit.

ha
I’d never heard of it.. it’s f**ken terrible.
He is an odd dude....right into fashion.
Like severely serious about it.
Was probably one of the most famous persons on earth at one time.