What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Girds89

Bench
Suali is something special.

Next year i cant see brian or martin making origin.

If i was coach kelomatagi or however its spelt would take liams spot and too, topou and whoever else could battle out for one wing.. suali is such a weap

Also... man i wish critta was even half as good as manu

Munky

Coach

If i was coach kelomatagi or however its spelt would take liams spot and too, topou and whoever else could battle out for one wing.. suali is such a weap

That JAC bloke is an OK winger

Iamback

Coach

No way To'o doesn't play next year

In certain areas Critter is as good but there is a few years between them age wise, Critter is no where near the finished product

Munky

Coach
@Iamback looks to be correct in regard to the Cowboys and playing in Sydney.

They need second to avoid away games until the GF.

I dont rate JAC up there tbh. Hes a good finisher but theres others id take over him

Burton will likely be six next year unless Luai develops a long kicking game. Freddy will want that combo IMO.

Girds89

Bench
No way To'o doesn't play next year

In certain areas Critter is as good but there is a few years between them age wise, Critter is no where near the finished product
Brian needs to aim up...

Im not convinced he can maintain hes form from 2021 for a career.

Hes dropped off this year from 21 form.. he is the type of bloke that is highly likely to sustain injuries too as hes career progresses. Often is takled by multiple players at once due to his strength which significantly increases the risk of injury.

Imo may has been the pick of our wingers this year on 1/4 of what too is on.. some of taylans finishes have been of the absolute highest quality

I love brian but hes not the player id be getting into a bidding war to keep..same with critta.

If they want to stay for what they are on now than all good..

Our production line has kids knocking at the door..

If we werent going to get inti a bidding war for api or kikau than no way in hell should we be getting inti a bidding war for them.

Say we decided to let them go...

Critta 650
Too 450.

1.1 mil.

Replace with
Turuva minimums
Jenkins/cole minimums...

Frees up 800k.

Get rid of staines and you have a million to play with..

Edwards
Turuva
Tago
Jenkins
May

Still a decent backline.. bit inexeperienced but theres a lot of potential there and our backs have shown they step up well..

Iamback

Coach
Brian needs to aim up...

Im not convinced he can maintain hes form from 2021 for a career.

Hes dropped off this year from 21 form.. he is the type of bloke that is highly likely to sustain injuries too as hes career progresses. Often is takled by multiple players at once due to his strength which significantly increases the risk of injury.

Imo may has been the pick of our wingers this year on 1/4 of what too is on.. some of taylans finishes have been of the absolute highest quality

I love brian but hes not the player id be getting into a bidding war to keep..same with critta.

If they want to stay for what they are on now than all good..

Our production line has kids knocking at the door..

If we werent going to get inti a bidding war for api or kikau than no way in hell should we be getting inti a bidding war for them.

Say we decided to let them go...

Critta 650
Too 450.

1.1 mil.

Replace with
Turuva minimums
Jenkins/cole minimums...

Frees up 800k.

Get rid of staines and you have a million to play with..

Edwards
Turuva
Tago
Jenkins
May

Still a decent backline.. bit inexeperienced but theres a lot of potential there and our backs have shown they step up well..

There is no way they are going to get of 2 Origin guys, For guys to never even touch FG.

Cole is 18 and a half and you want him to replace Critter who can play anywhere in the backline?

The likely sign one more deal, After that who knows if they get signed

Girds89

Bench
There is no way they are going to get of 2 Origin guys, For guys to never even touch FG.

Cole is 18 and a half and you want him to replace Critter who can play anywhere in the backline?

The likely sign one more deal, After that who knows if they get signed
Nope.... i wrote jenkins haha. Cole has played centre a bit this year and has a brilliant running game....

Funny, we had a 6 with a brilliant running game in cup a few years back... came into nrl and played centre, won a comp and centre of the year.... forget his name!

You seem to love critta... always defending him. And in the same instance you were sooo certain this year tago wouldnt last the year in fg.
You wanted him 17... than when he started playing centre you harped on how he wouldnt last...

But hes shown hes already better than critta.

I love critta..but imo hes not an elite centre.. hes very good defensivley..

But hes not worth 700k. Just no way is he worth that.

Jenkins is very close to being nrl ready..

I cleary said in my post, im happy to keep critta and brian on the same coin they are now... but no way in the world we get in a bidding war...

If you dont get into a bidding war for the best 2nd row and 9 in the game then no way you get in a bidding war for maybe the 7th or 8th best centre and a winger whose somewhere in the top 6 for his position.

Iamback

Coach
Nope.... i wrote jenkins haha. Cole has played centre a bit this year and has a brilliant running game....

Funny, we had a 6 with a brilliant running game in cup a few years back... came into nrl and played centre, won a comp and centre of the year.... forget his name!

You seem to love critta... always defending him. And in the same instance you were sooo certain this year tago wouldnt last the year in fg.
You wanted him 17... than when he started playing centre you harped on how he wouldnt last...

But hes shown hes already better than critta.

I love critta..but imo hes not an elite centre.. hes very good defensivley..

But hes not worth 700k. Just no way is he worth that.

Jenkins is very close to being nrl ready..

I cleary said in my post, im happy to keep critta and brian on the same coin they are now... but no way in the world we get in a bidding war...

If you dont get into a bidding war for the best 2nd row and 9 in the game then no way you get in a bidding war for maybe the 7th or 8th best centre and a winger whose somewhere in the top 6 for his position.

Yes but who did we move on to bring Burton in? Naden's suspension got Burton in

Crichton isn't as bad as people make out, He has scored the same amount of tries as Manu in less games
Has more ave run metres a game
And a better tackle % then Manu

So if you are comparing him to the best in some areas he is better, some not so but at 22 you aren't after the finished product

Who says we are going into a bidding war?
To'o for example just bought his parents a house, wants to stay in the area. Doesn't drive so Luai takes him to training.

How many clubs are going to be a commute from Mt Druitt with someone to car pool with? So a decent offer gets both guys to stay for 2 more years, In that time you can see where the depth sits atm there is zero proven FG being held back by either

Fangs

Coach
Sua'ali'i is a ten year rep player. He will make the WC squad and if we are found lacking in the opening games then he will be brought straight in. He is absolutely class.

Munky

Coach

Crichton isn't as bad as people make out, He has scored the same amount of tries as Manu in less games

So if you are comparing him to the best in some areas he is better, some not so but at 22 you aren't after the finished product

To'o for example just bought his parents a house, wants to stay in the area. Doesn't drive so Luai takes him to training.

How many clubs are going to be a commute from Mt Druitt with someone to car pool with? So a decent offer gets both guys to stay for 2 more years, In that time you can see where the depth sits atm there is zero proven FG being held back by either

Give up a couple of hundred thousand just so you can car pool?

Let's hope these blokes have horrible accountants and financial planners.

Iamback

Coach
Give up a couple of hundred thousand just so you can car pool?

Let's hope these blokes have horrible accountants and financial planners.

It is to live in Mt Druitt attend the same church.

Lets assume we offer $600k, How many clubs are going to go to $700-$800k?

Same for Crichton, no one in Sydney atleast is going to blow us out of the water so he will stay

That is what I mean with no bidding war, decent offer gets the job done.
Hopefully the younger guys kick on and gives some true opti

Girds89

Bench

Tago had zero experience at centre and is already better than critta.

May had zero experience but has been better than too this year.

Burton had no experience at centre but dominated.

Jenkins is dominating in cup..hes ready.

Im all for keeping critta and too but no way they get an increase. No one is making critta out to be bad. Hes a very good defensive centre. But hes nowhere near latrell, turbo, manu, at centre. Kotoni staggs is so far in front of him. Its not hating on him its just what it is.

Stats mean nothing.. only have to watch the chooks and you see manu is just 3 notches above.

The issue we are going to have is tago is going to need a big increase eventually. Tiny too.

Tago is better than critta and is a few years younger and on waaay less.

I love critta and too, i really do. But if i was in charge id be letting staines, too, critta walk..

Free up well over a mill and you can maybe jag a gun 2nd rower or 9 to replace the two best in the game.

For me im ok with the luke kenny rotation. Luke has genuine attacking skills. Its hes longevity and defence which is the issue.

Next year if i had my way id let critta and staines go. Free up a mill and id be looking at this-

Edwards
Tiny/turuva
Tago
Tiny/Jenkins
Too
Luai
Cleary
Fish
Luke
Leota
Martin
A gun 2nd rower
Yeo

Kenny
Sorensen
Spencer
Eiso

Angus critchon is still unsigned i think. Chooks have serious cap issues. They wont be able to throw him hige coin. Hes a gun. Could bring in him and a billy burns for under a mil.

Then your forwards and bench looks like

Fish
Luke
Leota
Martin
Critchon
Yeo

Kenny
Sorensen
Spencer/eiso
Burns

Much stronger than what we will run with atm which is

Fish
Luke/kenny
Leota
Martin
Garner
Yeo

Kenny/luke
Sorensen
Spencer
Eiso/???

Geyers nowhere near ready or maybe not ever
Lisati isnt ready...
No one else ready.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Tigers v sharks
It’s safe to say we have missed nothing with the guys we lost to the tigers .they are a poor team right across the board

Girds89

Bench
Cows losing today didnt suprise me.

Chooks are a good team.

Cows like others have said i think have overachieved. Cows are a good team but they arent a 2nd in the comp team.

Like seriously.... we have seen what a few injuries and suspensions have done to us....

Melbs again, with one of the worst injury hit years ever just deliver. Similar to the chooks last year... ivan just doesnt have the nous to do what robbo or bellamy could with that many out....

Make no mistake storm had just as many stars out as us the other night.

From there best 17 they were missing

Paps
Jennings
Hughes
Kafusi
Reimis smith
Christian welch..

Yeah jennings and smith are soo soo..butbwhen you consider that they lost there back up centre wings at the same time its huge. Coates and meaney were out for big parts.

Welch is like losing fish all year.
Paps is like losing edwards all year.
Hughes losing cleary...
Kafusi... well hes not kiks thats for sure. Maybe on par with martin.

Theyve had grant and smith out for chucks, munster too. Coates was out for a large chunk.

Weve had a dream run up until the lsst few weeks but i read so much stuff like its ours to lose....

In reality, yes, we should beat the top teams without their stars... can ivan do it again?

Hes done his best to eff with the bench all year. Stuffed spencers mins, played salmon when there was better options.

We have the squad, ivan is a good coach but hes not an elite coach. If he can get us to go back to back i might change my mind.

Big challenge ahead. Parra, souths, melbs us and brissy i think could all win.

Chooks lack a bit of quality in 6,7,9.
Sharks just lack a bit of quality everywhere.
Cows well i dont rate townsend.

Its not ours to lose. Its a battle and we need to be at our best.

Sos has done things with his kicking that has really impressed me. he struggled against the storm. But hes early kicks and no bombs has been refreshing.

Just a bit better execution and his kicking would be nice. He just lacks the running game of cleary to threaten teams

Latest posts