What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

unKwn

Juniors
Normally first to bag out parra but their defence at the end was pretty admirable. In saying that their first try was so blatantly forward. Hopefully we win tomorrow night so we smoke the eels next week

Fangs

Coach
Eels wanted it more. They had no choice this year. Their coach would be sacked if they didn't make the grand final.

We will get them next week though. Don't omt worry.

Dodgy

Juniors
Souths with a spur by playing the team that beat them in the GF. If we get up, Parra play with a spur playing the team that beat them in week 1.

The rugby league juju is against us.

hindy111

Post Whore
The difference was a blatant forward pass .the eels complained last year they where robbed .this year it went there way

Parra where woefull in the first half. I mean woefull. Then Moses kicks out twice on the full. Could they have a worse 40 mins? Cowboys should of been up by 20. Eels defense held them well and anytime they had a chance Parra scored.

Some of the reff calls like the Hair pull? Wow.

Yes the pass was forward 100% but in the 6th minute. At 20-12 that was well pass. Amazing effort by Parra.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyhows good luck tomorrow. This is a special time for me. I mean its a special time for rugby league. Parra vs Penrith grand final. Omg

Parra where woefull in the first half. I mean woefull. Then Moses kicks out twice on the full. Could they have a worse 40 mins? Cowboys should of been up by 20. Eels defense held them well and anytime they had a chance Parra scored.

Yes the pass was forward 100% but in the 6th minute. At 20-12 that was well pass. Amazing effort by Parra.
Congrats on tonight Hindy; your team deserve there shot next week.

Of course I hope we play and smash you next week, but happy you made it through tonight…

BossleyPanther

Juniors

Gee what a dilemma to be in if we make the GF. I still have that $50

hindy111

Post Whore
What about the penalty for a hair pull? A guys defending and gets knocked back so is doing his best to grab onto sometime. There was no way that's intentional.

The other I never understood was JT gets 10 for a shoulder charge. But no penalty. Odd rule. Is that a new one?

Anyhows Parra won. They had a slight forward pass call go their way. It was forward but not as bad as people are making out. Some of the other calls where ordinary.

Good luck tonight. I don’t see South troubling you to much.

mxlegend99

Referee
What about the penalty for a hair pull? A guys defending and gets knocked back so is doing his best to grab onto sometime. There was no way that's intentional.

The other I never understood was JT gets 10 for a shoulder charge. But no penalty. Odd rule. Is that a new one?

Anyhows Parra won. They had a slight forward pass call go their way. It was forward but not as bad as people are making out. Some of the other calls where ordinary.

Good luck tonight. I don’t see South troubling you to much.
The odd thing about JT being binned without a penalty is an almost identical situation happened in week 1 of finals. Only Panthers were in possession after the high shot and took a tackle or two but they went back to the high shot and gave a penalty.

Cowboys had not even started their set yet. How do they not go back to give the penalty? There was absolutely no advantage to Eels for that once Cowboys took possession.

That Moses forward pass was one of the most blatantly forward passes ever and that's why it's a terrible call. It's not how far forward it went. It's how obvious it was.

The scary part is that call was a big contributor towards deciding the result too. Not saying Eels wouldn't have won either way. But that's 6 points that should never have been in a game that was decided by 4 points. To qualify for a f**king grand final. How can shit like this happen at the highest level in the biggest games? Poor calls went both ways. But that just makes it worse. How incompetent the officiating is. They shouldnt have an influence on the results but they clearly do.

hindy111

Post Whore
The odd thing about JT being binned without a penalty is an almost identical situation happened in week 1 of finals. Only Panthers were in possession after the high shot and took a tackle or two but they went back to the high shot and gave a penalty.

Cowboys had not even started their set yet. How do they not go back to give the penalty? There was absolutely no advantage to Eels for that once Cowboys took possession.

That Moses forward pass was one of the most blatantly forward passes ever and that's why it's a terrible call. It's not how far forward it went. It's how obvious it was.

The scary part is that call was a big contributor towards deciding the result too. Not saying Eels wouldn't have won either way. But that's 6 points that should never have been in a game that was decided by 4 points. To qualify for a f**king grand final. How can shit like this happen at the highest level in the biggest games? Poor calls went both ways. But that just makes it worse. How incompetent the officiating is. They shouldnt have an influence on the results but they clearly do.

Yes I understand. The Hair pull also on the 5th tackle lead to Cowboys getting 8 points. A rubbish call.

But you can't take 6 points of end result and say that would of been scoreline. Reason is Cowboys may of tightened up. Or at 22-18 Parra 100% would been pushing hard for another try and increasing risk. They wouldn't of shut up shop with 15 to go at behind by 2 points. Its a ridiculous argument.

I 100% agree had it happened in the last 15mins. But it didn't. And Cowboys seemed to be battering them at 20-12.

I'm actualy interested in how a neutral observer saw the game?

To me Cowboys looked calm and collective. They bashed the Eels for most the game.And handled the conditions well.

Parra looked nervous, made heaps of poor errors, Moses kicking game was off and in general rubbish. But the defense was awesome and when did have some good ball showed far more class and looked like they would open them up. The last 25mins the Cowboys looked fatigued as Parra got a better share of the ball and run over the top.

Oh and Bryce well. That offload on the 1st tackle in the red zone when had no ball? That's why he is in NSW CUP.