What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OtherSports!!! from Sidhe

JannoSharks

Juniors
I've heard it off a good source that Sidhe are becoming involved in some more sports games. Here are my odds of what these games will be:
2-1 Rugby Union
7-1 Cricket
13-1 Tennis/Golf
4-1On League Again (Hopefully)

Forum Idiot

Bench
if they do do a union game i hope they do it beter than ea did! i played rugby 2004 for the first time on friday and it really f**ken sucks! worst sports game ive ever played.

Monkey

Juniors
i'll av a tenner on union. more sports games i think means different ones. and union means loads more profit, and not much altering of game engine.

HBG

Juniors
JannoSharks said:
I've heard it off a good source that Sidhe are becoming involved in some more sports games. Here are my odds of what these games will be:
2-1 Rugby Union
7-1 Cricket
13-1 Tennis/Golf

I think it depends on licensing, so maybe a fringe sport (or one that hasn't been done) might be more likely such as: -

Ric Charlesworth Hockey 10-1
Prince Charles Polo 14-1
Netball 15-1
Lacrosse 15-1
Hurling 20-1
Gaelic Football 25-1
Water Polo 30-1

:)

I think the odds on League are pretty spot on. :)

CycloneSteve

Juniors
HBG said:
JannoSharks said:
2-1 Rugby Union
7-1 Cricket
13-1 Tennis/Golf

I think it depends on licensing, so maybe a fringe sport (or one that hasn't been done) might be more likely such as: -

Prince Charles Polo 14-1
Netball 15-1
Lacrosse 15-1
Hurling 20-1
Gaelic Football 25-1
Water Polo 30-1

How much can I get on Croquet or Lawn Bowls being the next release??

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
HBG said:
JannoSharks said:
2-1 Rugby Union
7-1 Cricket
13-1 Tennis/Golf

Prince Charles Polo 14-1
Netball 15-1
Lacrosse 15-1
Hurling 20-1
Gaelic Football 25-1
Water Polo 30-1

if they were gonna make another sport game other than league im sure they would make union as ea have just released their shit arsed version of rugby so it wouldnt take much 2 top that and as monkey sed they wouldnt have 2 change the game engine that much

Razor

Coach
KimmorleyKiller said:
if they were gonna make another sport game other than league im sure they would make union as ea have just released their sh*t arsed version of rugby so it wouldnt take much 2 top that and as monkey sed they wouldnt have 2 change the game engine that much

The licensing issue.

EA always prefer signing exclusive contracts, so chances are they'll have some of the big Union licenses exclusivly.

I'd like to see a netball & (good) tennis game available.

It's been many years since a good tennis game. Tennis Elbow was great (although had several non-gameplay related bugs). The only tennis game ever released (wasn't released in Oz - I ordered it from Europe) where they allow you to play the circuit like the pros - the full calender (all 85 ATP tournaments + the 4 Grand Slams + selected challengers + Davis Cup), not just select tournaments (like every other game), and 250 players (although all fake names - no licence for the names). You pick from the tournament each week, and make sure you don't play every week else you get to fatigued. Only difference from real life, was you got automatic entry into every tounrmant you want, no matter what your ranking was (lowest it could go was 251). ie. If you get knocked out early at a Grand Slam (or decided not to play it), you could then enter a Challenger event in the 2nd week of the Slam (none of the challengers held the 1st week are in the game, but you can add them in yourself with the editor)

Dog-E

Juniors
Full body contact tenpin bowling!!!

I'll enetrtain odds of about 20-1 on that!! ;-)

Hell - it'd be more entertaining than watching any of the current Yawnion world cup!!! :oops:

Priddo

Juniors
i'll put $1000 they will release a three pack aorund this time next year which will include atleast feild hockey!!!!!! what odds em i getting?????

HBG

Juniors
Warning !!! 18+ post

Actually, Spin the Bottle with Slyvia Saint, Chloe Jones, and Ron Jeremy. may be an alternative.

10-1

Goleel

Juniors
Hey, if you're still looking for a good tennis game, Virtua Tennis 2 must have passed you by, its on PS2 for pretty cheap now, its a damn great game, especially 4 player. If you can find the Dreamcast version, even better, that version just feels nicer than the PS2, but that's just me. Top Spin is awesome, too, that'll be the next big thing, since it doesn't look like we'll get a Virtua Tennis 3.

Razor

Coach
Goleel said:
Hey, if you're still looking for a good tennis game, Virtua Tennis 2 must have passed you by, its on PS2 for pretty cheap now,

I have that on the PC.

Not a big fan of it. It's to arcadey for me, and not much like a real tennis match.

Latest posts