What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our bench

Rsag85

Bench
the way we used the bench yesterday was dumb coaching in my opinion.

I think the Burgess boys are looking tired the main reason for this is they are asking to play longer minutes

So I think a change to the bench is needed

callmack1

Staff member
Couldn't agree more mate and I really don't know why Seibs did that yesterday. We've seen the impact the likes of Tatola can have if they come on lateish in the first half so why can't we go back to that?

I'm not sure why Seibs has suddenly changed tactics but we are paying the price no doubt.

Rsag85

Bench
Couldn't agree more mate and I really don't know why Seibs did that yesterday. We've seen the impact the likes of Tatola can have if they come on lateish in the first half so why can't we go back to that?

I'm not sure why Seibs has suddenly changed tactics but we are paying the price no doubt.

I think we need to carry two props off the bench. You will get more out of the Burgess boys if there not tired at the end of the game

Rsag85

Bench
Been thinking about it
14. Sutto (can cover the halves, forwards and even in the centres if needed)
15. Britt (size off the bench and will add more to the side then Clark)
16. Tatola ( needs to play longer minutes in my opinion)
17. Johnstone ( young dark horse I think both Burgess boys needed a rest during the game, give the kid a run say 25 mins or so)
Sam Burgess can move to Prop during the game as well if needed

I would have Murray at 13 and Sam Burgess on the edge

Rabbits20

Immortal
Been thinking about it
14. Sutto (can cover the halves, forwards and even in the centres if needed)
15. Britt (size off the bench and will add more to the side then Clark)
16. Tatola ( needs to play longer minutes in my opinion)
17. Johnstone ( young dark horse I think both Burgess boys needed a rest during the game, give the kid a run say 25 mins or so)
Sam Burgess can move to Prop during the game as well if needed

I would have Murray at 13 and Sam Burgess on the edge
I wouldn’t be dropping Sutto to the bench that’s stupidity. In the first half he was creating and he’s important to our left edge.

Sorry I don’t think Seibs will pick Johnstone.

I believe he will stick with Clarky.

Dogmatix

Juniors
It is not a matter of "dropping" players to the bench. It is a good strategy to have some of your best players on the bench. If the games starts badly they can come on and turn the tide. If the game starts well they can come on and put the opposition away

Seibs must have missed the coaching class on using the bench. He thinks he can win by only using 14 or 15 players week in week out. All this does is wear out your best players over the long season

In both the Titans and Canberra games he refused to use Fuimaono even though the players out on the field were struggling and Fuimaono could not have done any worse

ThingFish

Juniors
It is not a matter of "dropping" players to the bench. It is a good strategy to have some of your best players on the bench. If the games starts badly they can come on and turn the tide. If the game starts well they can come on and put the opposition away

Seibs must have missed the coaching class on using the bench. He thinks he can win by only using 14 or 15 players week in week out. All this does is wear out your best players over the long season

In both the Titans and Canberra games he refused to use Fuimaono even though the players out on the field were struggling and Fuimaono could not have done any worse
You can definitely see the wear and tear out their. The guys were out on their feet with 30 to go. When Tatola came on for Tom, behind the posts both Sam and Angus needed to come off as well. Fui should of come on for Sam at the same time, Sam was a passanger for the last 20 anyway.

callmack1

Staff member
After watching the replay, I actually think this is what lost us the game. Once the boys started to fatigue because of the extra minutes, the Raiders were able to get a roll on and we never recovered.

Rsag85

Bench
I wouldn’t be dropping Sutto to the bench that’s stupidity. In the first half he was creating and he’s important to our left edge.

Sorry I don’t think Seibs will pick Johnstone.

I believe he will stick with Clarky.

I hope you are wrong with Clark

Travitoh

First Grade

This is bang on the money for mine and why i would have George on the bench.
It balances the forward rotations out and should allow for us to have two Burgii on the park for the 80 minutes. Murray is good enough defensively to play big minutes in the middle. It's how we spent the preseason setting up to play.
Tatola and Clark can rotate through prop and the edges respectively with Fuimaono there to cover the backs while having the ability to play forward.
That said, it seems that Britt has been performing at the Bears and deserves a shot for one of Clark or Tatola.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Having the utility on the bench isn’t going to change. I don’t believe the forwards are tired we just killed ourselves with errors and our completion rate. We were dominating in the first 20 on the weekend but we reverted back to old habits (2016, 2017) and kept making silly errors which resulted in a lopsided possession count. It’s simple footy and there’s no reason to start swinging the axe on a team that’s been winning for the majority of the season.

Travitoh

First Grade
Having the utility on the bench isn’t going to change. I don’t believe the forwards are tired we just killed ourselves with errors and our completion rate. We were dominating in the first 20 on the weekend but we reverted back to old habits (2016, 2017) and kept making silly errors which resulted in a lopsided possession count. It’s simple footy and there’s no reason to start swinging the axe on a team that’s been winning for the majority of the season.

I agree that there is no need to swing the axe but after three straight losses there needs to at least be a reshuffle.

Latest posts