What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our bi-annual big game was played tonight

Misty Bee

First Grade
You know the one. The game where we ;play like we should, and the players leave the field in joyful embraces, while the TV cameras show fans dancing in the stands. Our first one this year was v Manly. Last year it was v KNights in round 4, and V Cronulla.

The boys played well. But being a tad cynical, I notice that Burt, Vella, Hopkins and a few others suddenly return to form now that Parra have signed big name players for 05. I also know that, all of a sudden, Brian Smith can coach!

Consistency would be better. Still, I'll take a win v the tired chooks. Congrats boys. Premiership next year when the real players arrive!

strider

Post Whore
I'd say our victory over Brisbane in round 2 would just about make it tri-annual this year...that was a gutsy win after the first round debacle...if it had been a home game there would have been dancing in the aisles.

So you think we'll just charge into the finals now that everyone has found form and the coach is coaching again?.....I think we just managed to put a good 80 min effort in for a change and actually stuck to the game plan.

Suitman

Post Whore
Misty,

Its sad because its true.

For three seasons now we have been consistent. Generally week after week of poor performances with a dashing effort thrown in for good measure once or twice.
The same thing year after year. Thats consistancy Parra style.

I'm not getting excited over tonight. Even though the boys REALLY put in tonight, the Roosters were WELL below par. Granted we didn't let them play well, but they aren't leading the comp for nothing, and we were coming 12th for good reason.

There is just so much further to go.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Don't worry - we are all stoked!!! ....just hard to wake from a losing daze and realise our guys can compete with the best of them :clap:

Glenn

First Grade
After seeing the results tonight it makes the poor performances all that more frustrating knowing what Parramatta are capable of.
Hopefully their is some light at the end of tunnel, and it's not just a train coming the other way

White Tiger

Juniors
strider said:
Don't worry - we are all stoked!!! ....just hard to wake from a losing daze and realise our guys can compete with the best of them :clap:

I'll set my alarm for 2:30pm tommorow then!

strider

Post Whore
2:30 tomorrow u will be competing with Manly :lol: :lol: :lol: ....even we gave them a hiding.....you better not need to wake from anything to get over them.

Suitman

Post Whore
White Tiger said:
Cheer up guy's your team just gave it to the competition front runners and benchmarks.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Which AGAIN BEGS THE QUESTION THAT THE ABC ASKED?????????

WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE WE BEEN DOING FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON??

Suity

mickdo

Coach
Only Misty could have a bitch after we beat the top side in the comp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hollywood Jesus said:
its the start of our run to the semis and the premiership!

I'm thinking Canberra will get 1 of the 2 spots up for grabs. Cowboys are on the greasy pole so this weeks match is huge. Newcastle could go the same way as they should be deflated with some of their cattle leaving. I don't know what the Tiges have left in the tank.

Cronulla probably the biggest threat apart from us running out of rounds.

The door is still open though!!!

Latest posts