What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Fallen Hero Can't Get a Gig

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Interesting isn't it?

i. Anthony Siebel gets sacked and gets and assistant coaching gig at The Knights;
ii. John Morris today is appointed as an assistant at The Rabbits for next season;
iii. Craig Fitzgibbon goes hard for The Panthers assistant (Cameron Ciraldo) but misses out;
iv. Poor old Stephen Kearney gets an assistants gig at The Storm.
v. Even Dean Young got an assistants job!!!!!

But the light on the porch at the McGregor residence stays firmly on. Old Mary sits in his recliner just waiting for his next gig. But the sound of crickets is deafening isn't it Mary? And yes we know that a few of your old mates threw you a bone and got you a gig with NSW U/18's (that'll be the end of those poor kids).

It may have been Willow who noted some months back that if McGregor is as good as he thinks he is; he will land another coaching gig. Trouble is that McGregor's view of himself as a coach does not match the general populations view of McGregor as a coach.

All the rubbish coming from him about "unfinished business" and having "so much more to give" does not appear to be resonating with ANYONE.

Even broadcasters have dropped him because he has the charisma of a swamp.

Imagine if he was still our coach (tremble at the thought)...he would have bought the steaks and beers to Vaughany's BBQ!!!!

hewi

Bench
“Imagine if he was still our coach (tremble at the thought)...he would have bought the steaks and beers to Vaughany's BBQ!!”

plus he would have been done for DUI on the way , then walked home got on the JetSki ridden that to the nearest jetty to Vaughnies place and called Corey Norman to come and pick him up.

BLM01

First Grade
Speaking of being comfortable whilst being uncomfortable
those video apologies from the players remind me of that and of the great coaching hopes philosophy that finally could be put into action

Gareth67

First Grade
your not taking you meds again are you mate ?

No jak I am still taking them , have been for too many years now . The doc wants to reckon that’s why I get a bit cranky sometimes , but I take it out on Ethels cat .

The last thing a man wants is cat hair all over his Chesterfield pure leather armchair !

Reactions: jak

hewi

Bench
Paul McGregor believes the Rabbitohs will need to be at full fitness at the right time of year to have any chance of winning the grand final.

“Their attack is brilliant and if they can get their defence right for longer periods I think they can be a threat,” McGregor said.

“I think it is down to one of five or six teams and they are certainly one of them. They have won six in a row

He’s like a cane toad, indestructible, you can’t get rid of him.

Lethal25

Juniors
I find it interesting as we move into the final third of the season McGregor starts popping up on footy shows. Been fairly quiet up until now, can't help thinking his media buddies are sticking him in the shop window

BLM01

First Grade
I find it interesting as we move into the final third of the season McGregor starts popping up on footy shows. Been fairly quiet up until now, can't help thinking his media buddies are sticking him in the shop window
Of course..
they want the master coaches insights as we are heading into the finals for all the teams that are gonna play finals footy
He will provide strategic game plans for each side, their strengths and weaknesses from his experience in finals games as a coach.
I can see every coach tuning in to get some expert help.
But really are Fox ratings that good that they can potentially have the nation turning off on Sunday nights 🤣

BLM01

First Grade
Paul McGregor believes the Rabbitohs will need to be at full fitness at the right time of year to have any chance of winning the grand final.

“Their attack is brilliant and if they can get their defence right for longer periods I think they can be a threat,” McGregor said.

“I think it is down to one of five or six teams and they are certainly one of them. They have won six in a row

He’s like a cane toad, indestructible, you can’t get rid of him.
WOW. I must admit Mc85’s advice is innovative and could not see it myself
Someone should tell Benny or JD to watch and learn

Latest posts