What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our friend Skinner

AliN

Live Update Team
Hey guys

Skinz is not doing too well at the moment, and that he's most likely not going to improve.

So please keep him in your thoughts.

He's a pretty special chap.

On a personal note for me. We've had a lot of fun and great conversations over many years.
And his involvement with league especially in the Auckland scene has been incredible. And of course his love for the Magpies.

I asked Christine, his wife to tell him about the tipping comp, and the final game scenario with Ozbash.
He'd probably think Tony has cheated somehow going on other years .Skinz has won the comp twice, beating us all that way.

So yea.. I'm dedicating my ensuing victory in the tipping comp to Skinz

Iron Lion

Juniors
Skinner, Unlike myself you have always been a true class act. Over the years and under a different avatar or two (Strider) I had many a great yarn with you about league and especially the local scene. I would go as far as to say you were my favourite poster among many great ones here. So many countless times you made it truly enjoyable logging in on here. Always enjoyed your vast league knowledge, passion for the game and willingness to share.

Thank you for sharing all that you did, and keeping this warrior fan feeling part of the tribe. I probably lost my warrior's mind without your common sense posting on here :)

Want you to know your a legend mate, until the next level! Be at peace.

Cheers mate

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Damn, sorry to hear that, Skins has been such a diehard around the traps for years. Always knowledgeable and opinionated and a great part of the the conversations in this place. Give my regards to his wife and to the old fella himself if he’s still able to receive them.

How old is he if you don’t mind me asking? Always got the impression he was the oldest of us on here wish all his tales of th good old days of Auckland league.

AliN

Live Update Team
I'm
Damn, sorry to hear that, Skins has been such a diehard around the traps for years. Always knowledgeable and opinionated and a great part of the the conversations in this place. Give my regards to his wife and to the old fella himself if he’s still able to receive them.

How old is he if you don’t mind me asking? Always got the impression he was the oldest of us on here wish all his tales of th good old days of Auckland league.

Pretty sure hes just a bit older than Oz Spacie.
So I'm guessing 64ish

Rich102

Staff member
Not a lot to add.
The term "wise old head" springs to mind - though in this case he is younger in years than I.
We corresponded through the forum over the years and found we had a lot in common. We spent time on the North Shore where Skinz was involved with the Northcote tigers. We shared an interest in music - Skinz in his younger days ferried Hello Sailor around Auckland in his car. And, of course, we both love league, particularly the "good old days".
His health has suffered badly in recent years and we didn't see him on the forum as frequently, but it is a testament to him that he again competed in the tipping comp - though the missed weeks cost him any chance of another win.
Kia Kaha mate. Our thoughts are with you and your family

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Shit news

Like me, the Warriors aren't his number 1 side but he wants to see NZ League going well. Always a pleasure to read his contributions to this forum. Will have to see if I can dig out the old Victa Magpies jersey in his honour

Meth

Staff member
All the best Skinner. I've given you a hard time over the years, but you're a good bloke.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey guys

Skinz is not doing too well at the moment, and that he's most likely not going to improve.

So please keep him in your thoughts.

He's a pretty special chap.

On a personal note for me. We've had a lot of fun and great conversations over many years.
And his involvement with league especially in the Auckland scene has been incredible. And of course his love for the Magpies.

I asked Christine, his wife to tell him about the tipping comp, and the final game scenario with Ozbash.
He'd probably think Tony has cheated somehow going on other years .Skinz has won the comp twice, beating us all that way.

So yea.. I'm dedicating my ensuing victory in the tipping comp to Skinz
Thanks Ali.

Skinner joined these forums not long after we started in 2003. His contributions are many and as part of that early clan, his influence is all around the place.

If you're in communication, please send my best wishes.

ozbash

Referee
Not a lot I can say really.. we've known Phil and his wife for a long time.. a genuinely good bloke who would give you the shirt off his back if he thought you needed it.

I feel for his wife Chris, she has been to hell and back looking after him as well as holding down a full time job.. take my hat off to the lady. The epitome of dedication.
He has fought hard over the last few years.. hopefully the struggle will end peacefully.

AliN

Live Update Team
Thanks Ali.

Skinner joined these forums not long after we started in 2003. His contributions are many and as part of that early clan, his influence is all around the place.

If you're in communication, please send my best wishes.
I will Willow xx

Latest posts