What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our greatest clubmen.

Greatest clubman

• Peden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Davis

• Harragon

• Hagan

• Butterfield

• A Johns

• M Johns

• Stewart

• Glanville

• Sarge

• Bedsy

• Hughes

• McCormack

• Matt Gidley

• Parsons

• Total voters
So who do you think have been the knights greatest clubmen since 1988?

A clubman is a person who would do anything for the club, who wont screw it around and wont tarnish its reputation(my opinion)

List your top 3 clubmen.

Mine are in no particular order

Peden
Odavis
Harragon

roopy

Referee
Peden
Buderus
Harrogan
Glanville
Butterfield
the Johns brothers
McCormack
Sam Stewart
Michael McKiernan

Terminator

First Grade
Disagree on Andrew 'SHOW ME THE MONEY' John$
great player yes.
Great clubman?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I said 3... But eh.. what the hell.. List them all :lol:

However roopy.. Before this years silly season i would have agreed with you about johns.. I just cant bring myself to say he is a good clubman now. Sucking the club dry of money and stuffing us around isnt my idea of a clubman.. Whereas players like peden who left so we could afford to sign our young guys and robbio whos willing to take huge pay cuts, they are the real clubmen. Don't get me wrong, i think Johns loves the knights and he has served us well, but recent happenings make believe he's not a true clubman, he's a moneyman.

roopy

Referee
Johns went for the biggest paycheck he could get. I can't blame him for that.

When his last contract came up he could have gone to Brisbane for bigger dollars than we had, but he stayed.

I can't blame him for making the most of his last chance to earn big dollars, much as I wish the club had done the sensible thing and cut him loose.

les norton

First Grade
We are talking about a player who has been at the knights since he was a kid....who has played his heart out for his club, shows about more passion than any player in the game and when he is injured, is on the side lines screaming along side the fans. I dont care what happens in regards to $, I think he is a fine clubman. The chief loves the knights more than life it self i sometimes think. He'd have to be up there too.

the chief is a great clubman.. when joey was on TFS discussing his future you could see in chiefs eyes how much he wanted joey to stay..

Chief is a newcastle great.

Ben

Bench
chief, joey and definitely peden...and i dont blam joey for taking the biggest pay check he could take...remember after this contract it is most likely all over for joey and where would johns go to after that...luckily for him his got a deal with channel 9 and would be doing some work for them, if he hadnt received that deal, it would be a tough time for him, almost like starting life all over again

stevo

Juniors
the chief for sure. joey is a bit too rude to some of us fans to be a great clubman. a good one but not a great one. a bit too rude for my liking.

roopy

Referee
I put in a poll.

I went for Peden. When he told the club to sign young guys like Lowrie, Kennedy, Mueller etc rather than waste money on him it proved he has the clubs interests at heart - and who could forget his two tries in the grandfinal 2001 - the game of his life when the club needed guys to stand up and be counted.

antonius

Coach
Billy Peden is my pick for sure, Chief is right up there as well, followed by Hughes. I have Johns around 20th. Great player=Yes Clubman=No.

Terminator

First Grade
I gave my vote to Hughes, that latest effort staying up at the Hospital all night for the birth of his son, then scoring 3 trys against Manly a couple of hours later clinched it.

General Knight

Juniors
I say O'davis! Y? Well his willingness to play out the rest of the season with the jaw fracture just got me. I guess i just admire guys like that cause if it was someone else theyd probably take the weeks off. Especially at a time like this when finals are coming up, good on ya Robbie.

And as for Johns, well U cant really doing anything i mean he and brother Matt could have left a few years ago for Souths but Andrew decided against it. So good thing he stayed otherwise 2001 would have never been.

Latest posts