What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our New Coaching Team

beecww

Juniors
Well, I would actually like to congratulate our new temporary team. They have been thrown under the boss, and are now being victimised for not turning this team into a potential top 8 team in 3 weeks. We should remember that we were without our captain for 1 game and never had him to train with the team while he was on origin duty, so to me, they actually had a great crack against the Panthers. Of course they made mistakes. Since Wayne Bennett, the club has had one decent coach and that was Demetriou , who was white anted by McGregor, with the help of the board. Griffin was a buffoon who had favourites and was pig headed with selections, so our established players were loaded with 1980's game plans and naturally played without much intent. The youngsters who many of us malign, have come through the grades under some of the poorest coaching by any NRL club in their time with the club, and subsequently all of them have struggled, and need to be rebuilt.
I am 77 years old, and will probably never see another premiership win, I got my share when I was young, so now, at least I've seen them beat the Roosters, and take the premiers to the wire,and now at least, while these young blokes in charge, I can watch with an air of positivity.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well, I would actually like to congratulate our new temporary team. They have been thrown under the boss, and are now being victimised for not turning this team into a potential top 8 team in 3 weeks. We should remember that we were without our captain for 1 game and never had him to train with the team while he was on origin duty, so to me, they actually had a great crack against the Panthers. Of course they made mistakes. Since Wayne Bennett, the club has had one decent coach and that was Demetriou , who was white anted by McGregor, with the help of the board. Griffin was a buffoon who had favourites and was pig headed with selections, so our established players were loaded with 1980's game plans and naturally played without much intent. The youngsters who many of us malign, have come through the grades under some of the poorest coaching by any NRL club in their time with the club, and subsequently all of them have struggled, and need to be rebuilt.
I am 77 years old, and will probably never see another premiership win, I got my share when I was young, so now, at least I've seen them beat the Roosters, and take the premiers to the wire,and now at least, while these young blokes in charge, I can watch with an air of positivity.
Well said beecww. I applaud your dedication and your appreciation of the interim head coach and his assistants in what they have been able to do in improving the teams performance with only being in charge for 3 weeks. I am 76 years old - the emphasis being on old and I do want to see us up there with the best again, but the time for it to happen might be just a tad too long for me to witness this.

I know that the Dragons will be winners one day.

Como Connection

First Grade
Taking all my pills CC. Just got to remain positive just like we have to be with our club. We have been on a downer for years but better days are ahead my friend.
DD, we must remember not to stress over something we cannot control.
However, I find this somewhat difficult at times following Saints.
I guess our beloved Mary was attempting to explain that to us all, "feel comfortable being uncomfortable".
Such wisdom, what went wrong!
Good night all.
CC

possm

Coach
I don't blame anyone but the BOD. Griffin should have been given his marching orders on 1 November 2022 and Hasler should have been signed a 3-year deal right away. I am of the opinion that the ship would have been turned around by now.

thebigredv

First Grade
The current coaching team need to go about changing the culture by not accepting the efforts of Burns and Sloan. This is only done by giving them time down in the reggies. Sloan has now been dropping his bundle for over a month. Not talking knee-jerk reaction here.

It is not ok to do what they have done in first grade and if you walk past it as a coach then you accept it. They've had patience now the message needs to be sent to be lasting.

Until we change our culture in regards to standards we will be losers.

Latest posts