What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Next Half Back

Who do you think will be our next halfback??

• Thomas Leuluai

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mathew Head

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ruan Pienaar

• Sean Long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Walker

• Kurt Gidley

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Jarrod Mullen

• Ben Reynolds

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • John Morris

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Brett Finch

• Brent Sherwin

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Brett Hodgson

• other....

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Well there are few choices......We have benji, Caldwell, Reynolds, or will we look somewhere else??? Maybe Michael Monaghan, Tronc from melbourne, or even someone from England.

What do you think.................

Caldwell is a great prospect, he played for NSW in the U/17 team in 2004. Lets just hope he can get back in form after spending all of last year on the sidelines due to injury.

Wouldnt it be great if we can lure Mitchell Pearce to the tigers next year. Although he is still very young, but for a half back he is massive.

brook

First Grade
tigers_are_premiers said:
Wouldnt it be great if we can lure Mitchell Pearce to the tigers next year. Although he is still very young, but for a half back he is massive.

Can't see the need - he's nowhere near ready for first grade and in Dean I believe we have a potential Australian halfback who is going to be around for a LONG time yet.

All the other positions where we could place mitchell (5/8th, lock) are also currently filled by very young and very talented men.

As much as I'd love to see juniors son running around in tigers colours we'd simply have nowhere to put him.

brook

First Grade
lol to be honest I think we've got that covered for a while too ;-)

I really would love to see junior junior running around in a tigers jersey but its just not practical - I just hope he eventually finds a club that isn't easts :p

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
tigers_are_premiers said:

He will still be under contract at the Roosters and having seen him play, there is no way they will release him. He has champion stamped all over him, and knowing who his father is, there should be little risk he has his head screwed firmly on his shoulders.

He will still be under contract at the Roosters and having seen him play, there is no way they will release him. He has champion stamped all over him, and knowing who his father is, there should be little risk he has his head screwed firmly on his shoulders.

he wont stay there because there is no room for him at the roosters with Soward at half and anasta at 5/8

probids

Juniors
If the club plays this smart now is the time to spend some money and make a huge offer to an established half back. It is imperative that we make full use of our achievements in 2005. It is the team’s achievements that now have the tigers in the unique position of looking attractive to quality players. A year or two out of the play offs and we go backwards again. If we don’t have an established halfback we may loose Benji to the Gold coast also. This is a huge decision that can't be taken lightly so I hope Benny and the Board makes a smart business decision and makes the appropriate investment for the clubs future.

scarcev

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
Good luck with Brett Finch next year... bahaha...

Umm thanks I think lol.....I agree we will get Finch, he has an association with Sheens, I hope Im wrong cos Im not a Finch fan, but if it does happen Sheens will get the best out of him like he does with all of the boys.

Never know being a happy camper might improve his game, I know I wouldnt want to be playing under that genius Stuart.

There is talk of sheens offering gower a life line if he wants out of the panthers. Even though im not a huge fan of gower, i'd have him over finch any day of the week.

BIGMAC

Juniors
Gower is not going anywhere , firstly, he is quite happy at the panthers , most of the talk about him leaving was just a media beat up , he and his wife Amanda have both stated that he wants to stay and wants to be a one club man.
Secondly , he is under contract until 09.

JasonE

Bench
I think Sean Long is off contract at the end of the year, he would be ideal for the Tigers style of play.

Davester

Juniors
JasonE said:
I think Sean Long is off contract at the end of the year, he would be ideal for the Tigers style of play.

How's his form been for St.Helens this season?

Latest posts