What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Next Half Back

Who do you think will be our next halfback??

• Thomas Leuluai

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mathew Head

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ruan Pienaar

• Sean Long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Walker

• Kurt Gidley

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Jarrod Mullen

• Ben Reynolds

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • John Morris

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Brett Finch

• Brent Sherwin

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Brett Hodgson

• other....

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

chopsy_05

Juniors
I had an interesting chat with a dragons fan today who's in the know and he said that he's been told from a good source that Matty Head will be a Tiger next year. I'd like to see it happen but I think the Dragons will have lots of $$$ freed up by their so called stars leaving.
I'd like to see Benji to half, Hodgo 5/8 and McDonnell fullback

simon says

First Grade
chopsy_05 said:
I had an interesting chat with a dragons fan today who's in the know and he said that he's been told from a good source that Matty Head will be a Tiger next year. I'd like to see it happen but I think the Dragons will have lots of $$$ freed up by their so called stars leaving.
I'd like to see Benji to half, Hodgo 5/8 and McDonnell fullback

Wow.......if thats the truth then that is one hell of a buy......Head would be a sensation at the Tigers IMO.....

He has the kicking game and organisational skills that we so badly need...

Princes kicking game is woeful atm.....

Slappy

Juniors
all prince has done lately is run cross-field showing the ball and then kicks it straight to the opposition fullback!

mulvihill

Juniors
He's f**ken worse than Finch.

It's from a very good source mate.

He's been on the money before

Smith is under contract but wants out

We won't have trouble attracting a half back

chopsy_05

Juniors
Haha so's my info on Head.. But as I said I wouldn't care if they didn't buy at all - Benji to half, Hodgo to 5/8 - McDonnell to fullback

mulvihill

Juniors
Hodgo is too small to play up in the line

McDonnell wants to build up a bit and he says in Big League he wants to play in the halves

Crikey if they can make Cooper Cronk into a half they can do it to anyone.

All he has to do is kick and give it to Benji

Hardly the hardest jobs in RL

Mighty Tiger

Bench
mulvihill said:
Hodgo is too small to play up in the line

McDonnell wants to build up a bit and he says in Big League he wants to play in the halves

Crikey if they can make Cooper Cronk into a half they can do it to anyone.

All he has to do is kick and give it to Benji

Hardly the hardest jobs in RL

Tell that to Fitzy

Mighty Tiger

Bench
the official site doesn't care if things are told to fitzy, nor do they care if its constructive criticism which above would be deemed

the forum rules on the official site are as clear as daylight - if you have a problem with them as already mentioned a 1000 times, take it up directly with the Wests Tigers, after all they are the ones that request moderation to be the way it is.

mulvihill

Juniors
What utter garbage.

The moderators are loners, saddos and cretins whose only achievement in life is moderating a forum full of mongs, vegetables and weirdos.

As for the fanatics they resemble the spastic centre on a day out

mccann

Juniors
getting back onto the subject, I would not mind Head,Gower or Sherwin. All three have a great kicking game. Gower and Sherwin are great in defence and all three know how to feed the ball out to the back line.

As for the WT forum, lets just leave them in there glasshouse get get on with the real debate.

Ninja

Juniors
Matty Head would be good, but I doubt the Dragqueens would let him go.

As for Tim Smith I personally dont rate him.. if his flukey kicks dont come off hes got nothing.

mulvihill

Juniors
Any half with a massive boot will do me. So Prince, please don't re-apply after 5 40 point hidings on the bounce with the Seagulls

Ninja

Juniors
mulvihill said:
Any half with a massive boot will do me. So Prince, please don't re-apply after 5 40 point hidings on the bounce with the Seagulls

So true

Anyone else over the 4 metre gains when kicking for touch, while watching the opposition halfback comfortably kick 30- 40 metres to get their team some advantage.

mulvihill

Juniors
Don't get me started on his penalty kicks. They are very useful making 4m but ending up in row 1583. Trigonemetry (angles etc for those of you that don't know) was obviously not one of scotty's strengths at school

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Ninja said:
So true

Anyone else over the 4 metre gains when kicking for touch, while watching the opposition halfback comfortably kick 30- 40 metres to get their team some advantage.

thats could easily be solved by letting Farah do the touch finders.

touch wood and hope Caldwell starts getting some form over the next 6-8 weeks, his kicking game hasn't lost anything, just needs to work on his passing/option making which will come back shortly, he is showing imrpovment as the season goes on, just hope he doesn't get injured again.

Latest posts