What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our recruitment I

Twenty10

Juniors
Sam Williams is joke of a signing. Honestly. This club is absolutely lost. Desperation signing of mammoth proportions. He's not a first grader. We now have 3 "non first grade" halfbacks. We are dead set a laughing stock.

How people think Williams is going to save us is beyond me.
We lack fire power. As mentioned we have signed some good first graders. But as Long as price is head coach and as long as we don't have a qulity half, we won't be doing anything. We have zero marquee signings. Zero.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Sam Williams is joke of a signing. Honestly. This club is absolutely lost. Desperation signing of mammoth proportions. He's not a first grader. We now have 3 "non first grade" halfbacks. We are dead set a laughing stock.

We lack fire power. As mentioned we have signed some good first graders. But as Long as price is head coach and as long as we don't have a qulity half, we won't be doing anything. We have zero marquee signings. Zero.

I agree, seems more like a pre June 30 signing. Hopefully the Shaun Johnson rumour has SOME truth to it. I really doubt it, but I'm trying to be give the people concerned some credibility.

jenninga

First Grade

So who do we sign for halfback then .Williams has played a few 1st grade games .
Who do we sign then,please tell the club who they should sign,WHO.
Or do you just like puting sh*t on the club.

jenninga

First Grade
I agree, seems more like a pre June 30 signing. Hopefully the Shaun Johnson rumour has SOME truth to it. I really doubt it, but I'm trying to be give the people concerned some credibility.

So do we stick with Fien again next season while Johnson or whoever is available. We have signed Williams for 1 season at the moment,i can understand the concern if we signed him for 3 years,so there must be some sort of planning.
It sh*ts me when people just take delight in puting sh*t on the team that I and others here love.

getsmarty

Immortal
So do we stick with Fien again next season while Johnson or whoever is available. We have signed Williams for 1 season at the moment,i can understand the concern if we signed him for 3 years,so there must be some sort of planning.
It sh*ts me when people just take delight in puting sh*t on the team that I and others here love.

You would think that the signing of Williams makes Fein obsolete. I think that with Williams/Widdop/Seikja/Farrell.. we have the halves covered.

jenninga

First Grade
You would think that the signing of Williams makes Fein obsolete. I think that with Williams/Widdop/Seikja/Farrell.. we have the halves covered.

Absolutely,throw in Kyle as well and we have depth in our 1,6,7 and 9.
Just some people want to have a go at the club without throwing an alternative solution.Have an opinion by all means ,but back it up with the alternative.

Twenty10

Juniors
So who do we sign for halfback then .Williams has played a few 1st grade games .
Who do we sign then,please tell the club who they should sign,WHO.
Or do you just like puting sh*t on the club.

Seriously mate, enough is enough. Stop defending the indefensible.
We have every right to put shit on the club when they continue to make shit decisions.
What we should have done is recognized much earlier that Fien wasn't a halfback and we could had given one of the younger blokes a go. Now we enter next season still with an unknown over the half back position. It's laughable. The club has completely f**ked things up and it's going to have domino effect for a couple of seasons yet.

Not to mention Steve price is still head coach. He couldn't attract a root in a brothel let alone at decent player.

jenninga

First Grade
Seriously mate, enough is enough. Stop defending the indefensible.
We have every right to put shit on the club when they continue to make shit decisions.
What we should have done is recognized much earlier that Fien wasn't a halfback and we could had given one of the younger blokes a go. Now we enter next season still with an unknown over the half back position. It's laughable. The club has completely f**ked things up and it's going to have domino effect for a couple of seasons yet.

Not to mention Steve price is still head coach. He couldn't attract a root in a brothel let alone at decent player.

Ok,we have been crap but there is clearly planning for next season and as i said Williams has 1st grade experience and is busting for a chance.Soward was in the same boat when he came to us.
As i asked you before ,who would you sign as half depending on availability.
We have put sh*t deservedly so ,but the club is addressing this now,the coach is well let's see what happens.

Godz Illa

Coach
Sam Williams has played 40 first grade games. Made the Country squad this year. Hardly unknown.

Widdop, Thompson, Williams are good players and it's is not even a matter of opinion. It's a simple fact.

big pat

Coach

no more fien, get siejkadelic in there now.

Minh

First Grade
I keep hearing people say that half our centre problems will be solved with Beale coming back next year. Is he actually better than someone like chase though?

Depending on how Beale himself recovers from the knee injury but I think Beale is for certain better than Chase simply because Chase is shot as a player, he has lost all his speed that he used to possess due to all the injuries, he has ability Chase but sadly I think his career is over as a first grade option if we are being real for next season.

getsmarty

Immortal
Depending on how Beale himself recovers from the knee injury but I think Beale is for certain better than Chase simply because Chase is shot as a player, he has lost all his speed that he used to possess due to all the injuries, he has ability Chase but sadly I think his career is over as a first grade option if we are being real for next season.

Well said. Personally, I think the Stanley Bros are talented but we will need to make some hard decisions on whether they are part of our future. I would cut them along with a few others as long as we replace them with better options. I'd rather keep Hastings over K. Stanley. A risk, but so is Kyle.

Minh

First Grade
The club has done an excellent job in recruitment even though we got Dugan under pretty lucky circumstances. I think we'll be very competitive next year and build towards being back at the top by around 2015 although I wouldn't write off 2014 premiership chance just yet.

Minh

First Grade
Well said. Personally, I think the Stanley Bros are talented but we will need to make some hard decisions on whether they are part of our future. I would cut them along with a few others as long as we replace them with better options. I'd rather keep Hastings over K. Stanley. A risk, but so is Kyle.

I would much prefer Hastings over Kyle simply because of all the injuries Kyle has had, although Kyle's career may not be done and dusted yet, will have to see him play for a long period first but I think Chase Stanley's career sadly is winding down, he is too slow for an outside back now.

jenninga

First Grade
The spine is looking very good with Dugan/Williams/Widdop/Rein or King. It's up there in the top 8 for sure.
I know King is signed for a couple more seasons,however just wondering if he will actually be released to join Parra.Don't jump down my throat ,just a hunch.

Latest posts