What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out....Out....Out....Out

Ribs

Bench
Barrett, Thommo, Head, Long

Why do they insist with this crap about naming them when they obviously werent going to play? This is week three of the Barrett bullsh*t.

I hope it has nothing to do with the announcment of a full house at WIN this afternoon.

Ribs

Bench
Barrett out of Origin contention
May 13, 2004

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA skipper Trent Barrett has been ruled out of Saturday's NRL game against the Bulldogs, ending his hopes of playing in the opening State of Origin game.

Barrett was named in a 30-man preliminary NSW squad on Monday despite missing the past three games with a hamstring injury.

However, he needed to play this weekend to prove his fitness ahead of Origin I at Telstra Stadium on May 26.

Melbourne's Scott Hill is now likely to wear the No.6 jersey for the Blues in the opening Origin game, strengthening Brett Kimmorley's claims to play halfback.

The pair, former teammates at Melbourne, rekindled their partnership in Friday night's City-Country game at Gosford Stadium.

Hill was named man of the match and Kimmorley impressed as Country won 22-18.

Barrett will be joined on the sidelined for Saturday's match by experienced forwards Lance Thompson (shoulder) and Nathan Long (knee) and halfback Mathew Head (rib).

Thompson was also named in the preliminary NSW squad on Monday but will miss his final chance to impress Blues selectors before Origin I.

Coach Nathan Brown named a six-man bench and will add another player from Premier League.

Shaun Timmins is likely to play five-eighth in Barrett's absence

11Straight

Juniors
Jeez i hope they had back up players training in case something like this was going to happen.
This injury toll really is becoming a damn joke :evil:

MadDogMason

Juniors
If we play like we did last week than u guy's will put 40+ on us...Dog's gotta go out there with a positive attitude and be ready to face a fired Dragons side.

Should be a great game. Both teams coming off a loss and desperate for a role on.The loss of those 4 players will make no difference to the way we are going to go out there and play.

We cant afford to go out there and have that in our mind's we need to play smart,Tactical Football like we did against the Broncos.

If folkse is Smart he will have Mason Coming off the bench and have Scott starting but that's just my opinion.

Hoping to see a great game with alot of up and in your face kinda football.

Should be a cracker

Cheers...
8)

Simon

Juniors
Just heard Russell is likely to start at halfback. This would mean that Timmins will be 5/8th and Hornby will stay fullback. I'd say this will be the new team

1. Hornby
2. Carlaw
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Simmonds
13. Timmins
20. Russell
19. Jensen
8. Ryles
11. Young
10. Kite
9. Riddell
14. Sims

16. Poore
17. Withers
18. Creagh
21. ?????????

MadDogMason

Juniors
As To :

1.Patten
2.El Masri
3.Harris
4.Tonga
5.Lolesi
6.Anasta
7.Sherwin
8.O'Meley
9.Perry
10.Price(c)
11.Mason
12.Ryan
13.Grimaldi

14.Asotasi
15.Scott
16.Matuia
17.Feeney
:D :D :D
Should Be A Blinder...I'm Still Hoping Anywayz

Sticks

Juniors
Canterbury said:
darn when we beated yous i wanted no excuses

now it looks like there will be tons :(

What are they teaching kids at school these days?

The spelling and grammar police are watching you closely!!

Sticks

Southernsaint

Staff member
Saints vs C*nterbury games are always huge no matter who's playing or where the teams are on the ladder...

Saints have plenty of injuries but there's nothing we can do about that this weekend. Play a mistake-free game & Saints will go a long way to beating the Pool Boys...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Ribs

Bench
What I dont get is the bullsh*t early in the week about Head's injury only being a muscle problem and that his ribs were fine, Barrett is consistently listed and then pulls out again. Thommo is confident then he is gone. And whats wrong with Long now???

Whats going on?

Canterbury

Juniors
Sticks said:
Canterbury said:

Sticks

you have no leg to stand on so you attack my grammar

*chalks it up* me - 1 you - 0.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Canterbury said:
Sticks said:
Canterbury said:

Sticks

Sad case...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Canterbury said:
Sticks said:
Canterbury said:

Sticks

Sad case...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Sad case would be the point dexter "Grammer police" with pens/calculator in the top pocket and bandaid holding his glasses together.

Chers,
IADW

Ribs

Bench
Chers?

Wasnt that that skanky old woman in the big black g-string on the American battleship?

Biglance

Bench
people wat about gorrell at hooker and riddell second row keeping kite in the front row and young and 2nd.

my bench would be withers poore sims palu/norrie

Ribs

Bench
I dont think Id like to have both Withers and Gorrell in. They both seem to play similar roles. I thought Withers tried far too hard to spark something last week and it was costly.

While Withers has been going ok, he is still a potential liability and his kicking game sux. Maybe try Gorrell instead of Withers but I want the Pig in the Number 9, and starting the game.

Will at least make Anasta nervous ;-)