What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over this Rubbish

I think the players are as well after that performance. I never want us to win the Wooden Spoon but with Justin Morgan being our defensive Coach we probably deserve it

TheDMC

Bench
I want to get off the band wagon until we are less shit. Any advice how to let go of this schemozzle of a club?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
What's up with NZ sports teams at the moment? The Warriors are absolutely woeful. The Breakers suck. The Phoenix aren't any good. The Silver Ferns have been abysmal. The All Blacks are at their lowest ebb. The Black Caps aren't that flash. The White Ferns are crap and getting worse.

Diesel

Coach
At least the Warriors losing is over shadowed by the AB’s losing to SA. Might be time the pitch forks come out

Scott

Bench
What's up with NZ sports teams at the moment? The Warriors are absolutely woeful. The Breakers suck. The Phoenix aren't any good. The Silver Ferns have been abysmal. The All Blacks are at their lowest ebb. The Black Caps aren't that flash. The White Ferns are crap and getting worse.
Mentally weak. Everytime they get challenged, they go off and have a cry. Nobody wants to work hard and fight for it. All those teams you have mentioned have great players who are being let down by snowflakes. A team is only as good as it's worst player!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Mentally weak. Everytime they get challenged, they go off and have a cry. Nobody wants to work hard and fight for it. All those teams you have mentioned have great players who are being let down by snowflakes. A team is only as good as it's worst player!
I can't disagree with that for a second. But why our country, and not others? Is this a generational thing predominantly in NZ? Because I see it in the younger generation (I'm a high school teacher) and they are exactly as you say, mentally fragile. Actually, it's only reasonable to say we have two distinct tiers - one tier of very strong young people (admittedly a smaller group than it ever has been) then a bigger tier of kids who make excuses, give up easily, blame others and generally lack resilience.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Don’t follow the soccer but Phoenix made the finals I think ?
I’ll cut the Breakers some slack, they may have been poorly coached but I haven’t seen a team as decimated by injuries as they have been for 2 years straight, when your star misses a month or 2 due to cutting his hand while opening an avocado up you know you’re cursed lol

Warriors, All Blacks, Silver Ferns and the cricket sides are plagued by poor coaching and selection. Actually we should probably leave the Black Caps out of the debate considering they’ve made the world final in the last 3 world cups across all formats

All Blacks, I don’t watch rugby at all, but we are finally at the point now where with the professional game we aren’t the only nation that takes the game seriously. We have been carried through over the past couple of decades by having arguably 2 of the greatest players in history in the side and a number of the side being the best in their position in the world, that is something that is disappearing but the general public are too arrogant to admit that the pack is a lot closer now

Campion

Juniors
I can't disagree with that for a second. But why our country, and not others? Is this a generational thing predominantly in NZ? Because I see it in the younger generation (I'm a high school teacher) and they are exactly as you say, mentally fragile. Actually, it's only reasonable to say we have two distinct tiers - one tier of very strong young people (admittedly a smaller group than it ever has been) then a bigger tier of kids who make excuses, give up easily, blame others and generally lack resilience.
Mentally weak youngsters isn’t just an NZ thing. Same in the UK (I lecture at a university). You’re not even allows to ask some students questions during seminars because they suffer ‘social anxiety’. I get a list at the start of the term. How are these peope going to operate in society/the workplace?! Everyone’s got anxiety. If a student feels a morsel of stress due to an assignment being due, they cry to student support that they suffer anxiety. It’s ridiculous. Sorry for rant. TLDR not just NZ thing.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Mentally weak youngsters isn’t just an NZ thing. Same in the UK (I lecture at a university). You’re not even allows to ask some students questions during seminars because they suffer ‘social anxiety’. I get a list at the start of the term. How are these peope going to operate in society/the workplace?! Everyone’s got anxiety. If a student feels a morsel of stress due to an assignment being due, they cry to student support that they suffer anxiety. It’s ridiculous. Sorry for rant. TLDR not just NZ thing.
Hell no, not TLDR - I agree wholeheartedly and that's my exact experience as well. It's appalling how we are molly-coddling and setting up our young people for failure in the future. Not my kids, no f**king chance. They will be taught to be honest, resilient, diligent, know the difference between stress and anxiety, and basically everything they need to succeed in a world that can be unforgiving if you don't have the tools to survive.

Matua

Bench
I want to get off the band wagon until we are less shit. Any advice how to let go of this schemozzle of a club?
I did it eventually (failed at letting them go at the start of the year after promising I would) helped by the fact that the team that runs out most weeks is a majority of non NZers. I can handle a crap Warriors if they're our team but they're not our team anymore.

Gallen Towers

Juniors

Jacinda Ardern has done great damage to Kiwi culture and represents the worst traits of humanity.

Blair

Coach
If you work Friday night, Saturday afternoon and night, plus all day Sunday, then you'll just give the Warriors a few minutes thought at best.

BLN2

Juniors
Stacey got way too funky with his line up this weekend. There was a reason the guys in the middle looked like strangers in defence, because the structure was completely changed. Getting rolled through the middle like that gave the backs nothing to work with.

It really showed the squad imbalance we have this season. Our 4th best prop is undersized 20 minute bench player, and we let our 2nd best prop walk with a loaded back pocket. Playing Tevaga or Harris at 10 doesn't work due to their lack of go forward.

I've never seen the benefit of Sironen in a Warriors jersey, I guess he does the little things you might not notice, but he offers nothing ball in hand. Then you also have Walsh and DWZ bringing the ball back from our end.. Makes it almost impossible to get front foot ball.

My guess is getting rid of Katoa gets us enough salary to replace him with a decent prop - Rightly or wrongly. Apparently he's on decent coin which surprises me.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Playing Harris at 10 doesn't work due to their lack of go forward.

My guess is getting rid of Katoa gets us enough salary to replace him with a decent prop.
I used to think this on Harris, but his metres gained this year is immense. I'm not sure that can be levelled at him.

That's a real shame on Katoa that we're saying that. He had such promise but has stagnated - something we can say about a lot of young forwards with promise at our club.

JJ

Immortal
Any correlation to smacking ban?
Umm, no, of course not...

I was going to say that it's just a reflection of how terrible NZ is at the moment, but for all this awfulness we see the likes of Gate, Walsh etc performing well... nonetheless, much of NZ is in a bad state atm - just have to see what's going on every evening in Auckland

I think the ABs and Warriors show the importance of good off field leadership and coaching, and NZ men's cricket the importance of not becoming too self congratulatory and smug (again, especially off field)

BLN2

Juniors
I think Harris is lost at prop.

Same. Too much ball playing, run second. He's been playing lock, not prop. We need some more run it straight, bit of footwork at the line, pop an odd offload. AFB is a lone wolf out there.

Latest posts