What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over to you Wayne Bennett

Fathead

Bench
According to Channel 10 News, The Match Review Committee has investigated Michael Ennis for Diving in a tackle by Fui Fui Moi Moi.
The MRC considered the tackle in which Ennis was hit on the shoulder but held his head and laid on the ground.

The MRC decided not to proceed with the matter.

The 'Hayne' incident was deemed not worthy of an offical look.

Over to you Wayne Bennett, perhaps a PUBLIC statement regarding Michael Ennis and how his behaviour is detrimental to the game of Rugby League.

I think Wayne has a lot to give offer league but the old saying of "Put Brain into gear before running off at the mouth" comes to mind.

Nook

Bench
The Broncos would never do it. They aren't that sort of club.

Sure, they'll instigate 10 years of conflict which almost destroyed the sport for their own selfish ends - but diving? Way to much integrity.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Lockyer looks like an ass now doesn't he stating its not in their culture...

Fathead

Bench
Poor ol Locky. A great player with a ton of credibility but damn it.... dont we look stupid now...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its not really their supporters fault that Benny and Locky can dribble verbal diarrhea

gcbronco

Juniors
Funny havent heard from any Broncos Supporters regarding this ? Would like their point of view - the sounds of silence.....

One Bronco supporter reporting in.

I disagree with the position both Bennett and Lockyer have taken and would be disgusted if any of our players resorted to such tactics including Ennis which I must admit I have not seen the incident closely (I went to the game but yet to see a replay) and not in a position to comment.

I don't consider the incident in question (Hayne) to be a dive compared to previous examples in the leagues history, in fact I'm confident there would be a great deal of pain in the tackle collision with Thaiday, I do question however the need to halt play in the context of the play and the importance of momentum but referee's are only human and can make mistakes, it didn't cost us the match.

Fathead

Bench
gcbronco said:
One Bronco supporter reporting in.

I disagree with the position both Bennett and Lockyer have taken and would be disgusted if any of our players resorted to such tactics including Ennis which I must admit I have not seen the incident closely (I went to the game but yet to see a replay) and not in a position to comment.

I don't consider the incident in question (Hayne) to be a dive compared to previous examples in the leagues history, in fact I'm confident there would be a great deal of pain in the tackle collision with Thaiday, I do question however the need to halt play in the context of the play and the importance of momentum but referee's are only human and can make mistakes, it didn't cost us the match.

Good on you.
Momentum is hard to guage as it can turn over in the blink of an eye.
Unfortuately the Refs are not medical professionals and have to stop play.

As I said in an earlier post (prior to hearing about Ennis) Wayne has made a rod for his own back and will look embarrased if one of his players look to have dived.
Its a position that is not fair to the Bronco players who are a great bunch of lads (by the way)

gcbronco

Juniors
Momentum is hard to guage as it can turn over in the blink of an eye.
Unfortuately the Refs are not medical professionals and have to stop play.

Your right it is but referees do make decisions on it all the time and not all stop play, I've seen a lot worse continued play, but again as I said Referees are only human and can make mistakes, we can't expect perfection from them and I can accept that even if I don't necessarily agree with the decisions made.

And I don't think people should let Ennis's actions if guilty(I certainly wouldn't judge all Parramatta players being like Hayne if I felt he was guilty of it) to tarnish the other players at the Broncos of being like this, it wasn't that long ago that in the same game Hodges got injured (I think against the Titans?) he was getting the referees attention for an opposing player down injured.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I believe Ennis clearly took a dive to gain a penalty. Its just not on. Its pretty emabarrassing for Bennett. He looks like a real clown after his diving comments.

Paranoid

Juniors
Bennett has already addressed the matter. It went a little something like this ...

Get the guy cited and put him out of the game for a few weeks. It will cut the rot out pretty quick, I can tell you.

... blah blah blah ...

... whinge whinge whinge ...

We got to have ethics in our game amongst players and coaches and that stuff just doesn't happen.

:roll:

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Put it this way Hayne was actually trampled by Thaiday and he probaly was not hurt as much as he was letting on. But he went missing after that and played no where near as good after he got trampled and was very lethargic all game, so i do believe he was hurt. Ennis thing was a joke and its very plain and clear he took a dive.

Ghoulies

Bench
According to Channel 10 News, The Match Review Committee has investigated Michael Ennis for Diving in a tackle by Fui Fui Moi Moi. The MRC considered the tackle in which Ennis was hit on the shoulder but held his head and laid on the ground.

The MRC decided not to proceed with the matter.

Curious decision by the review committee. If the evidence implies that Ennis was feigning injury (diving), why not charge him?

icewind

Juniors
ennis a former dragon. nuff said. As a whole the culture isn't to dive and its not surprise that Ennis originates from south of the tweed anyway. As they say, you can take the boy out of nsw......

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Ghoulies said:
Curious decision by the review committee. If the evidence implies that Ennis was feigning injury (diving), why not charge him?

Its almost impossible to prove. But have a look at it and decide for yourself. Its pretty obvious.