What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Cup 2024

Blair

Coach
Wouldn't that selectorial policy rule out a bunch of our players?
I can't think of too many. Frank Pritchard springs to mind. We'd never have it as a policy, per se. We get done over in so many other ways, but, for me, it's preferential to have a Kiwis' representative who has lived there.

Like Ponga, it only has to be a few years. DWZ and Krisnan Inu also. Foran had about nine or ten.

Matua

Bench
I can't think of too many. Frank Pritchard springs to mind. We'd never have it as a policy, per se. We get done over in so many other ways, but, for me, it's preferential to have a Kiwis' representative who has lived there.

Like Ponga, it only has to be a few years. DWZ and Krisnan Inu also. Foran had about nine or ten.
I'm not strict on having to live in NZ. I have cousins with kids born and bred in Queensland who only ever consider themselves Kiwis. If they were good at league, sadly they're not, I wouldn't want to deny them the chance to play for us.

Also, sorry to hear your hometown is Palmy. I actually lived there when Ponga did, a four year sentence for some sins of my past I think.

Po
I don’t even think he(ponga) was thinking that far ahead and just didn’t want to be involved in a tug of war between the junior kangaroos and kiwis selection.

Personally I’m not too bothered about players switching countries from junior selection to senior selection with Benji Marshall being a case in point.
Benji should had never been able to play for the junior kangaroos. He moved over there when he was 15-16?
Australia trying to poach him for Origin or the Kangaroos?
Glad he chose to switch back and play for the mighty Kiwis.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I don’t think Benji played at all for the Junior Kangaroos, he represented the Australian Schoolboys, eligible to anyone attending school in Aussie