What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific giant killers!

Clarkent

Juniors
When you give the island teams there best players no one can really stop them on there day... The new eligibility law just saved international rugby league... International rugby league needs to invest in the Pacific Nations! Or else were gonna be stuck with the boring 3 nations competing every year

Rory

Juniors
Very true, but what about the euro teams? Europe losing interest in the world cup because of all pacific sides in finals.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Hope it's a case of them getting better and not just the Kiwis turning to shyte...

Tonga struggled to beat Lebanon today...

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Fiji will get destroyed with these halves. The attack was poor. I’m impressed with the Fiji backrow , all hard working strong runners. If Fiji had halves they could be giant killers. But Australia by 30. Tonga will lose to England.

What I’m shocked at was just how shocking Nzs attack was, they looked scared all game against Fiji .

Billythekid

First Grade
NZ have went backwards. I think Australia will bring this level of optimism down next week when they put a score on Fiji. Still good for the game but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Pommy

Coach
When you give the island teams there best players no one can really stop them on there day... The new eligibility law just saved international rugby league... International rugby league needs to invest in the Pacific Nations! Or else were gonna be stuck with the boring 3 nations competing every year

Which players would these be?

Rory

Juniors
Who cares about Euro. Get better or miss out.

Thats a f**king stupid comment. How can we call it international? Mind you, ive been banging on about this, and people are probs sick of me saying, but the irish should have versed Aus, not winless samoa. But it is what it is.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Very true, but what about the euro teams? Europe losing interest in the world cup because of all pacific sides in finals.
Ireland would've beaten Samoa pretty easily and had a crack against Aus/NZL/Eng if given the chance. Just a shame about the draw and the fact that some of the Euro teams sent shithouse understrength squads, although to be honest the strength of all the tier 2 nations seems to vary greatly depending on what hemisphere the comp is in, remember Tonga didn't make it out of their group last time.

Really it's all about how many full time pros are in the squad and getting a couple of star players in the right positions who can make the difference. Scotland drew with NZ last year when they got their best team out, I reckon even France could have a crack if they ever fielded a full strength team.

Clarkent

Juniors

Which players would these be?
I don't think the Fijian team would change much but the tongan players turning the kiwis Jersey down made them very weak and vulnerable to every team they've faced except for the Samoans... This kiwis team are gonna be the islands whipping boys if the island boys keep turning them down

Rory

Juniors
Ireland would've beaten Samoa pretty easily and had a crack against Aus/NZL/Eng if given the chance. Just a shame about the draw and the fact that some of the Euro teams sent shithouse understrength squads, although to be honest the strength of all the tier 2 nations seems to vary greatly depending on what hemisphere the comp is in, remember Tonga didn't make it out of their group last time.

Really it's all about how many full time pros are in the squad and getting a couple of star players in the right positions who can make the difference. Scotland drew with NZ last year when they got their best team out, I reckon even France could have a crack if they ever fielded a full strength team.

Its good too hear someone with knowledge of world rugby league for a change. Quite frustrating to hear Australian cock suckers of the pacific constantly.

Pommy

Coach
I don't think the Fijian team would change much but the tongan players turning the kiwis Jersey down made them very weak and vulnerable to every team they've faced except for the Samoans... This kiwis team are gonna be the islands whipping boys if the island boys keep turning them down

The Tongan team also improved vastly with Australians and kiwis turning out for them.

Clarkent

Juniors
So you're point is island teams is ruining rugby league?? You're actually the first to say that... I would've thought everyone would've tuned in to see one of the powerhouse teams get eliminated

Rory

Juniors
So you're point is island teams is ruining rugby league?? You're actually the first to say that... I would've thought everyone would've tuned in to see one of the powerhouse teams get eliminated

I don't think there ruining rugby league at all. I just think everyone is investing time into the pacific teams more than the euro teams. And then geniused f**ks say shit like "get better or f**k off" its a bit hard to become better nations if no one is investing time/tests/money into euro countrys.