What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific international thread

milton

Juniors
Looks like the Fiji team will be pretty weak. Have lost a lot of players to city and country

lafai

Bench
Like someone said in another thread they'll still have Naiqama, Koro and Sisa. No Tariq, RCG and Evans hurts them though.

Tonga will be solid but there halves (probably Langi and Lolohea) will be tested by the better pack.

Samoa have Soliola and McGuire in great form but there halves (probably Manumalealii and Tuimavave) have yet to play fg this year. Great outside backs though.

And I don't know alot about PNG, will Thompson and MacDonald play?

milton

Juniors
Tonga squad

Richard Fa'aoso (Parramatta Eels)
Sosaia Feki (Cronulla Sharks)
Mahe Fonua (Melbourne Storm)
Konrad Hurrell (NZ Warriors)
George Jennings (Penrith Panthers)
Solomone Kata (NZ Warriors)
Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
Samisoni Langi (Sydney Roosters)
Tuimoala Lolohea (NZ Warriors)
Joel Luani (Wests Tigers)
Sika Manu (Captain, Penrith Panthers)
Manu Ma'u (Parramatta Eels)
Ben Murdoch-Masila (Penrith Panthers)
Pat Politoni (Cronulla Sharks)
Siosiua Taukeiaho (Sydney Roosters)
Peni Terepo (Parramatta Eels)
Anthony Tupou (Cronulla Sharks)
Albert Vete (NZ Warriors)

milton

Juniors
Fiji
1 Kevin Naiqama
2 Marika Koroibete
3 Fabian Goodall
4 Brayden Wiliame
5 Eto Nabuli
6 Darryl Millard
7 Ryan Millard
8 Eloni Vunakece
9 Apisai Koroisau
10 Daniel Saifiti
11 Jason Bukuya
12 Jacob Saifiti
13 Korbin Sims
Interchange
14 Tyrone Phillips
15 Viliame Kikau
16 Tikio Koke
17 Osea Sadrau
18 Timoci Ratulolo Dabea

hutch

First Grade
So 4 Fijian players and 1 png player playing in a meaningless city/country game. How does our sport manage to get it so wrong?

deluded pom?

Coach
So 4 Fijian players and 1 png player playing in a meaningless city/country game. How does our sport manage to get it so wrong?

Serious question hutch. Do City/Country players have to commit to Australia to be eligible for selection?

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Just the perfect thread for this picture:

file.php

hutch

First Grade
Serious question hutch. Do City/Country players have to commit to Australia to be eligible for selection?

I honestly think they make up the rules as they go! Over the years they have just picked players regardless of who they play for internationally (mateo, j cayless, uate, Tafua, T Williams, sims for eg) but it hasn't affected the pacific tests.

hutch

First Grade
Will still be great games, these rivalries will continue to grow massive over the years. If players such as mead, segeyaro, uate and company don't want to be a part of it then they can live with it. I can't wait.

Have Fiji ever played png in a full test before?

And will these games be televised in the home countries? Is there any hype in the pacific nations?

shinobi

Juniors
Shame Cook islands cant get a run they've probably got more players running around in first grade than PNG.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Already alot of hype in PNG. Th final Kumuls Team gets announced tomorrow and everyone is just waiting to see the line up.

I think the game will be shown live into PNG as all eight NRL matches are shown weekly on PNG's EM TV.

Scubby

Juniors
If Akuila can, Sisa can

But don't you have to have moved here before 16? Waqa was 20+

Which meat head picks the likes of Mead, Waqa and Uate when there is a International game on? These guys will never ever get anywhere near a Kanagaroos test jersey.

With City-Country and the Test, NSW are effectively tying up 40-50 players. Half will never get near Origin and half will never get within a mile of an Australian jeresy

lafai

Bench
Uate has played for Australia lol but yeah it's stupid I would have loved to see Mead play for PNG and Waqa for Fiji but hey it'll be a great game

mikail-eagle

Bench
If Mead turns his back on PNG now at this time than I can honestly see PNG Selectors and the PNGRFL stamping him with never to be selected again against his name.

Latest posts