What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packer Signs

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
The Warriors were happy to be rid of Packer... He was a divisive influence in the locker room.

If the Warriors truly wanted Packer they would just wait for him to be deported.

From my understanding he wouldnt be allowed entry into Australia. So would only be eligible to play home games for the warriors.

This would surely effect his earning capacity to provide for his family.

Maximus

Coach
I can't believe the same people who talk about pride in the Red V want a scumbag like this wearing it. This is a man who did his best to murder another man because he did what? Make some smartarse comments or something? If he stopped when the guy hit the ground, it could possibly be forgiven, but no he continued punching the guy on the ground, and then stomped on his head. These are the actions you are condoning when you cheer the guy playing for our side.

It is embarrassing that people so easily forget their morals if they think someone might be a good player.

For those who say he has done his time so he should be able to return, being an NRL player is not a right. He can rebuild his life doing some other job.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I can't believe the same people who talk about pride in the Red V want a scumbag like this wearing it. This is a man who did his best to murder another man because he did what? Make some smartarse comments or something? If he stopped when the guy hit the ground, it could possibly be forgiven, but no he continued punching the guy on the ground, and then stomped on his head. These are the actions you are condoning when you cheer the guy playing for our side.

It is embarrassing that people so easily forget their morals if they think someone might be a good player.

For those who say he has done his time so he should be able to return, being an NRL player is not a right. He can rebuild his life doing some other job.

This is why we have rehabilitation programs.. So people can have a second chances. I don't agree with nor condone what he did. But I believe in the legal system and I believe people can change.
Why shouldn't he be given every opportunity to earn back his place in society?
This country was a home for convicts and most people in this country idolize a police murdering bush ranger....
Why can't we cheer on a man who, yeah, he made a mistake, but he has also done everything he can to atone for his sins.

Maximus

Coach
This is why we have rehabilitation programs.. So people can have a second chances. I don't agree with nor condone what he did. But I believe in the legal system and I believe people can change.
Why shouldn't he be given every opportunity to earn back his place in society?
This country was a home for convicts and most people in this country idolize a police murdering bush ranger....
Why can't we cheer on a man who, yeah, he made a mistake, but he has also done everything he can to atone for his sins.

He can earn his place back in society doing some other job. As I said, playing NRL is not a right. Not everyone can play NRL, whether it is because of a lack of talent or other reasons. Committing a serious crime like he did (and like Lui and Latu and others have done) should mean they will never again be registered. The NRL did it to Latu, so why not others?

There are varying levels of mistake. Taking illicit drugs is a mistake just like stomping on someone's head is a mistake. Not all mistakes should be treated the same. You might be happy to cheer on people who try to kill others, but I never will be.

He has not done everything he can. As far as I can tell he has never even bothered to apologise to his victim, and in the interviews he has done since being released, he still tries to pin the blame on his victim by bringing up that he mouthed off at him and blah blah blah.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
He can earn his place back in society doing some other job. As I said, playing NRL is not a right. Not everyone can play NRL, whether it is because of a lack of talent or other reasons. Committing a serious crime like he did (and like Lui and Latu and others have done) should mean they will never again be registered. The NRL did it to Latu, so why not others?

There are varying levels of mistake. Taking illicit drugs is a mistake just like stomping on someone's head is a mistake. Not all mistakes should be treated the same. You might be happy to cheer on people who try to kill others, but I never will be.

He has not done everything he can. As far as I can tell he has never even bothered to apologise to his victim, and in the interviews he has done since being released, he still tries to pin the blame on his victim by bringing up that he mouthed off at him and blah blah blah.

Playing in the NRL is a profession, if he has the skill-set for that job, then he has every right to do it and you should never call people an embarrassment for supporting it.

Not all mistakes are treated the same, hence the different levels of punishment people receive for different acts.
I am not cheering on someone who tried to kill someone, he wasn't charged with attempted murder. He was charged with assault. And I am really not liking the fact that you are talking down to me just because I have a different view of how this should be treated. If you don't agree with the way this has been handled, then don't support it, but do not lord yourself of others cause you consider yourself righteous.

And do you know for a FACT that he hasn't reached out to his victim or is it 'as far as you can tell' from sitting behind your computer?
I have seen a fair few interviews of him since his release and have not heard or seen one of him bringing up that the victim was mouthing off. I have only seen videos of him showing remorse and regret for his actions.
So, please, post some links of these alleged interviews.