What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packer staying.

Depth pffft.

Round 1 will be in the FG team. That is all

Sorry, let me clarify. Of course he'll be in our top 17. But if he's actually the best forward we have, the leader of the pack, it will again be a long year for us. He simply wouldn't make that status with the top packs.

Straight Shooter

The Nick

Bench
So why then is everyone excited about our prospects for 2016?

He certainly wouldn't make it as leader for Rabbits, Broncs, Cows, Roosters or Dogs.

Straight Shooter

#keepingitreal

So why did we have to beat Broncos to his signature?

Bennett was the one who brought him to Australia in the first place....

Walpole

Juniors
So why then is everyone excited about our prospects for 2016?

He certainly wouldn't make it as leader for Rabbits, Broncs, Cows, Roosters or Dogs.

Straight Shooter

#keepingitreal

So, would Jeremy Smith, Mick Weyman or Beau Scott have been the leader of any of those packs, in your expert, highly considered and much sought after opinion?

Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.
-Aristotle (played on the wing, had a lot of speed, look him up)

getsmarty

Immortal
Interesting that the 7 news report stated that Alan Jones and Chris Murphy went in to bat for Russell.

smi962

First Grade
As probably stated previously if you are going to deport him if only makes sense to do it straight after prison. It never made sense for government to deport him (with what they are trying to achieve) after his 1 year rehabilitation. He has shown he is no longer the type of character the government is trying to remove and with his footballing/community/education commitments is a valuable member of Australian society in general. It would make no sense to do it now and go against their message.

Last edited:
So, would Jeremy Smith, Mick Weyman or Beau Scott have been the leader of any of those packs, in your expert, highly considered and much sought after opinion?

Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.
-Aristotle (played on the wing, had a lot of speed, look him up)

Excellent points.

Straight Shooter

saints4ever

First Grade
I sincerely hope (I would if I was him) Mary play the final v the dogs as a video session the week leading up to the game.
When it comes to the two fat merkins slamming onto Widdop, I'd pause and rewind. Over and over again. Same with Benjis injury.

"We were out on our feet. We had nothing left. But we were beating them. This happened because we thought we had no one left to stand up to them and it was their only way to win. They think the same this year. Are they right?"

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
I sincerely hope (I would if I was him) Mary play the final v the dogs as a video session the week leading up to the game.
When it comes to the two fat merkins slamming onto Widdop, I'd pause and rewind. Over and over again. Same with Benjis injury.

"We were out on our feet. We had nothing left. But we were beating them. This happened because we thought we had no one left to stand up to them and it was their only way to win. They think the same this year. Are they right?"

who said that ?

Wittenberg

Juniors
Will bring size but not sure the degree of impact he will have. Didn't always carve them up in the Cutters.

The Nick

Bench
Dane Nielsen was a "Queensland Origin" player, too. Packer has played 2 whole matches for NZ - 5 years ago. Let's be real.

Yeah, let's be real. Do you honestly think Packer is a depth signing?

How many props in NRL history have made their test debut before their 22nd birthday?

We had to beat Wayne Bennett to his signature FFS.

The bloke stumbled into first grade as a teenage alcoholic, pill addict. I can't wait to see what he can do now that he's sober and actually wants to do well.

denis preston

First Grade
Will bring size but not sure the degree of impact he will have. Didn't always carve them up in the Cutters.

Showed his class and won player of the year.Playing NRL and the players around him will lift him.Don't know how you gauge how a front tower "carves them up " but metres gained and tackles were certainly up to NRL standard. He has a lot to play for.

mmap dragons

Juniors
Rumour on JA Packer is homesick and wants to return to NZ in 2017. Here's hoping there is no truth to the rumour and Packer is at the Dragons long term.

The Nick

Bench
Rumour on JA Packer is homesick and wants to return to NZ in 2017. Here's hoping there is no truth to the rumour and Packer is at the Dragons long term.

I hope so too but reality is a bloke in his situation has to do the right thing by himself and his family. If NZ is the best place for him to keep on track then I won't begrudge him moving on.