What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packer staying.

Old Timer

Coach
Not sure why all the debate re Packer being a signing, spine, depth signing etc etc.

Technically he was already with the club so it is not as if we signed him in the current off season. The NRL simply registered his contract which in its infinite stupidity had failed to do so last year.

Probably would have made some significant difference if we had of been able to use him late last season.

In reality he wasn't going to play anywhere else this year and it is not as if he played with someone else last season.

So lets forget all the debate on what type signing he is, wish him well and hope he repays the Dragons trust in him with a really big season.

kit66

Bench
Taking who's spot ?

Stick him on the left wing - he runs like a bloody canonball, could be the next Radradra.:D

From what I've seen of Havili he needs a bit more work before becoming a first choice hooker in fg. Goes alright with attacking runs and reasonable service from dummy half but not much of an organizer. I haven't seen a lot of him though to be honest.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Stick him on the left wing - he runs like a bloody canonball, could be the next Radradra.:D

From what I've seen of Havili he needs a bit more work before becoming a first choice hooker in fg. Goes alright with attacking runs and reasonable service from dummy half but not much of an organizer. I haven't seen a lot of him though to be honest.

Reasonable service from dummy half is enough to get him a start in the 17!