What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers CEO Corey Payne gone apparently

TheFrog

Coach
The rumours of him being an absolute know all that interfered in every thing appeared to be true.
Anyone can go to uni and get a few bits of paper. Not anyone can take over a Panthers team that missed the finals and make the finals in their first year. Griffin is the first to have done it, ever. Fancy this bloke thinking the way Griffin speaks is of any relevance whatsoever to his ability to successfully carry out his role.

A little bit of introspection from Gus is called for here, the way this position was filled wasn't terribly professional.

Fibroman

First Grade
Some stories have come to light...

From the Masked Panther column in the Western Weekender:

payne.png

And from Triple M / 7th Tackle...

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...tackle-why-corey-payne-left-penrith-panthers/

Yes. I was at that event at Canterbury. Corey looked like a unmade bed when he turned up.

I'm sure many of the stories are true but one thing to keep in mind , people do not like someone new coming in and offering different advice on how to do things. Many people are set in their ways and hate being told differently by the new guy , particularly when he's young like Corey.

I'm sure he'll learn from the experience too , none of the stories sound that egregious to me , they sound like he was too raw for the position.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
All the Staff, assistant’s etc that were given their marching orders, was this a directive from Corey or more Hook?

Big Mick

Referee
I'm sure many of the stories are true but one thing to keep in mind , people do not like someone new coming in and offering different advice on how to do things. Many people are set in their ways and hate being told differently by the new guy , particularly when he's young like Corey.

I'm sure he'll learn from the experience too , none of the stories sound that egregious to me , they sound like he was too raw for the position.

TBH it's as much about the delivery than it is about the content.

If you deliver change and make people feel part of the process then more likely to succeed but if you come in acting like a dickhead making out you are smarter than everyone in the room and everyone should bow down before you...then you will get people biting back.