What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers CEO: "We'd be looking to extend" Griffin's contract

Munted

Bench
Even Munted provides a balanced & fair minded critical analysis of our current situation than some of your mob. How are they going with the 10 million oust Doust fund? Ha ha

HEY! haha. Not sure if I should be offended or flattered :cool:

Carn the panfers.

Munted

Bench
A bit of perspective...

Griffin - Still in charge
Bennett - Still in charge
Hasler - Still in charge
Taylor - Sacked
McClennan - Sacked for Kearney (who has a horrible record).

For me the difference is this, Uncle Wayne and Desmond have a history of high performance, so they have some leniency.
Also, they strike me as the type to insert a rocket under the asses of lazy players, you don't want to disappoint Wayne or des.

Griffin, and Taylor I belive lost the respect of the team, or perhaps didn't get it from day one.

They can't be fired up, the team don't respect the boss and we have the mess we have (for both clubs).

We all have jobs (most? ), how do we perform if we think our leader is a merkin? If our leader is uninspiring? People leave jobs because of bad management, and the usual action is to throw money at those leaving. This creating more problems with high paid staff who under perform.

Take the football out of this and it's basically every day in corporate environments and it boils down to leadership stinking.

f**k. 9am, too early for a penrith induced headache.

soc123_au

Staff member
For me the difference is this, Uncle Wayne and Desmond have a history of high performance, so they have some leniency.
Also, they strike me as the type to insert a rocket under the asses of lazy players, you don't want to disappoint Wayne or des.

Griffin, and Taylor I belive lost the respect of the team, or perhaps didn't get it from day one.

They can't be fired up, the team don't respect the boss and we have the mess we have (for both clubs).

We all have jobs (most? ), how do we perform if we think our leader is a merkin? If our leader is uninspiring? People leave jobs because of bad management, and the usual action is to throw money at those leaving. This creating more problems with high paid staff who under perform.

Take the football out of this and it's basically every day in corporate environments and it boils down to leadership stinking.

f**k. 9am, too early for a penrith induced headache.
Shit dude. That is a good well balanced critical analysis. Couldn't agree more.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sometimes senior guys put people in a position so they wont look bad. A puppet who wont talk back.
The duke has done a lot of good out there. But i feel Griffin is the puppet. Who is making the signings? I just do not see Griffin as the guy who says I want Tamou etc...
This is just specualtion. But i reckon Cleary wanted to much power.
And i could be way off. Griffin could be calling the shots 100%. From an outsider looking in thou feels like a little dictatorship their. And all you guys are happy to eat the shit being served.

Such a talented team but only see a handfull of guys with mongrel. Both your current wingers Hiku and DWZ. The rest have skill but when the going gets tough well...... Its like they all want to just dance and not do the tought stuff.

hindy111

Post Whore
2 rookie halves and the softest fullback in the Nrl was always a bit of a gamble.
Tamou and Brown both odd signings. Did Brown cost a lot less then Matagi? I love the guy. Runs hard, straight and nice hands.

Question i ask. Why was Matagi defense poor and exposed at penrith but at the eels he defends well? To me that is coaching.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well it happened this off-season. Now they want us to believe he has 10 weeks to start well or be sacked. Yet last years 10 games were enough to extend him.