What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers in crisis.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I feel this is part of a conspiracy against Souths with the orders being sent down all the way from News ltd.

We need the Cowboys and Sea Eagles to lose to be in the top 4 at the end of this round.

News has hated us since they've been involved in rugby league. So News has asked their mates at channel 9 to ask Gus to ask Ivan to stuff the Panthers around so Manly wins and we get pushed out of the top 4 for the week.

(joking btw, in case it wasn't obvious)

Big Mick

Referee
What a f**king beat up.

It makes sense. We have a leadership group which consists of Lewis, Burns, Grant & Kingston. Instead of having 5 freaking captains we have just one.

During the origin period, it makes no sense to just change captains each and every week. It wont change Lewis's role as a leader on the team. It just means he doesn't talk to the ref.

And to be honest Lewis' form hasn't been as good as last year so maybe the captaincy is burdening him.

But it is an absolute beat up by the Telecrap.

Telegraph & Slothfield just looking for stuff to smash Penrith. Just the latest edition.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
:lol::lol: what a beat up!
Lets see he's in doubt for tomorrow.
We have the bye next week & Round 18.
He can't play against Souths or Warriors.

Touch wood he comes through Origin & backs up it leaves Titans & Parra. He won't get back from SOO until Thursday night. Titans is a Sunday so we will leave Sat. Parra is Sat. That leaves him in charge for 2 sessions & 2 games in that time.

Hardly a huge deal.

STOP IT!

Stop using logic. There is none of that on LU...

butchmcdick

Immortal
What a f**king beat up.

It makes sense. We have a leadership group which consists of Lewis, Burns, Grant & Burns. Instead of having 5 freaking captains we have just one.

During the origin period, it makes no sense to just change captains each and every week. It wont change Lewis's role as a leader on the team. It just means he doesn't talk to the ref.

And to be honest Lewis' form hasn't been as good as last year so maybe the captaincy is burdening him.

But it is an absolute beat up by the Telecrap.

Telegraph & Slothfield just looking for stuff to smash Penrith. Just the latest edition.

This

It isn't like the journo involved is against hyping shit up to have a dig at gus.

Just more of the pathetic sensational bullshit that passes for journalism in our game. The tele will create a crisis then analyse the shit out of it over a few days in an attempt to sell more papers

Watch for Danny wanker to return serve in his column soon

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is insulting. Not required unless your unhappy with his leadership.

Simple as that.

Beat up my arse, other teams dont have this story, because they dont f**king insult thier captain like that.

Lots of smoke.

Canard

Immortal
Its hardly "shocking", and seems fairly sensible to be honest.

I mean, its not like Penriff is killing it at the moment anyway, Im all for "lets throw some shit at the wall and see what sticks" when any team is in that sort of form.

franklin2323

Immortal
STOP IT!

Stop using logic. There is none of that on LU...

Yeah my mistake. The rubbish thing is we will be crap next year as well so have 2 years of this stuff. If slothfield like gus we don't have these stories.

When Thaiday doesn't backup. When Smith doesn't start they have new captains. This just lets the team know who's incharge.

Like any leadership group if Lewis plays or trains he will have input.

mickenem

Juniors
The origin excuse is a smoke screen. Much bigger problems out west. It all is about his influence on player signings with graham coming to terms at the sharks hours after lunch with Luke Lewis and gus.
At least we can see where the spoon is going as the club kills itself.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cannot believe people think this ok.

It ain't, it is an insult.

Luke quite rightly will be insulted, he will deny this too, as he is s decent fellow. His wife however will know his pain.

f**k you Ivan, Luke does not deserve this.

So being a blue is bad thing for you at Penrith hey.

They will drop you in hope you wont get selected, then take your Captaincy away if they pick you.

Under Gus this truly dumbfounds me.

The Joker

Juniors
I take it the riff wanted Wade Graham back but after speaking with Lewis he decided to stick with the Sharks and Gus is pissed about it?

Bloody hell...Gould and Cleary are single handedly destroying this club.

Ridiculous...Lewis is their one saving grace who keeps his nose clean and can play the game more so than Kingston.

Kingston is a nobody..

blaza88z

Coach
I feel this is part of a conspiracy against Souths with the orders being sent down all the way from News ltd.

We need the Cowboys and Sea Eagles to lose to be in the top 4 at the end of this round.

News has hated us since they've been involved in rugby league. So News has asked their mates at channel 9 to ask Gus to ask Ivan to stuff the Panthers around so Manly wins and we get pushed out of the top 4 for the week.

(joking btw, in case it wasn't obvious)

I thought you were serious until that last part, some of the shit you say still has me in a state of bewilderment

Latest posts