What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers vs Warriors - Sunday 11th July

super_coach

First Grade
Panthers got every call go their way, Haynes made some shocking calls against the Warriors yet the warriors on the back of the best defensive effort I have seen in years still won. Iam sure Penrith would have beaten any other team today given the ball and field position they had.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Sadly I went to the game today and Penrith served up one of their poorer efforts of the season. Credit to the Warriors on their superb defence but something just wasn't right with the Panthers today. I think fatigue and players backing up contributed to the off game. I'm glad that origin is out of the way now. Can't use that excuse anymore in future weeks. We don't want them to go on a bad run and slide down the ladder. I'm hoping it was just a flat and tired display and nothing more serious.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Warriors defence was too good today.

Penrith's attack was really limited. There wasn't much more than simple angle running and one out stuff. No apparent set plays with decoy running today. There was sufficient pressure on the kickers not to produce any tries from the kicks. Coote's injury didnt help either, he is usually the first man there.

Again Jennings was gone MIA today. He seemed to miss Frank Pritchard but he needs to go searching for the ball more.

I thought Daine Laurie was good but he needs to be able to log more minutes. I thought his short stints distrupted the bench. Means that Waterhouse and Lewis have to play the whole game basically.

But Laurie had a few barnstorming runs and could prove to be a valuable options if he can fit into the rotation somewhere. But when Grant and Pritchard come back I cant see a spot for him... Unless he drastically improves his fitness.

abpanther

Staff member
Burns offers nothing from the bench, I reckon Iosefa could"ve provided a nice spark off the bench

Fibroman

First Grade
Penrith had no impact in attack, maily due to no Pritchard. Warriors defence shut Jennings down, and aside from Jennings and Pritchard, we have nothing in attack.

Purtell should be on the wing and Tighe needs to be in the centres.

Waterhouse must have had a night out on the grog or carrying an injury, because he was a passenger today.

Luke Lewis went up another 10 notches after his effort today. Backing up after origin and carrying an injury, he tried his guts out. If this bloke isn't the best player in the NRL, then I'm not here.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I tipped the Panthers but really gave the Warriors a massive chance
They’re travelling well this year (comparatively) and went within a bee’s dick of beating the Dragons a few weeks ago.
Your team should benefit from the experience

Sleep

Juniors
I said this was a trap game for us. The short turn around for our guys really hurt. We were flat and with the exception of a few players looked pretty ordinary.

Even Coote who's usually all over it was quiet.

I didn't like our bench or rotations at all either. I thought Laurie was pretty ordinary. He got away a good offload but that aside he had minimal impact in the game.

If our side is at full strength the forward rotation has to be Civoniceva, Grant, Bell and McKendry. Those four offer the most.

Jennings was totally MIA yesterday. It didn't help they brought Burns on and played him inside Jennings and took off Graham.

I thought Cooper played well. Tighe put his hand up several times too.

Disappointing but hopefully that'll wake the boys up that there are no easy games and we get everyone back healthy and rolling from here on out.

Martli

Coach
Luke Lewis went up another 10 notches after his effort today. Backing up after origin and carrying an injury, he tried his guts out. If this bloke isn't the best player in the NRL, then I'm not here.

Of all the Penrith players he looked most likely to score. Always asking questions at the defensive line, quite a handful really. Was impressed with his effort.