What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers_Warriors2004 Rugby League Review!!!!!

SIDHE first attempt at a Rugby League game in this reviewer's opinion was abover average. It was what I expected with a few hiccups but again First Attempts are never perfect. It takes about the 2nd or 3rd to be near perfect. I am very proud of the SIDHE team and Tru Blue for what they have created for all of us Rugby League fans, only League fans will enjoy the aspects of this game as they play through a match and the components are all there for us to handle adequently.

Graphics: Well for a first attempt, I'd say they were alright, not perfect and not bad. The graphics are alot better then past Rugby League games and in my opinion Rugby 2004. Sure not every player looks spot on but if you look closely alot of players in this game look pretty good.
7/10

*Just a pointer for Mario and SIDHE if you would consider this idea. Well THQ who makes the WWE wrestling games, get superstars in a room and photograph them and use a scanning type device to produce their image into the game. You guys could do the same thing if you wanted to and push the graphics of both XBOX and PS2 to their limits.

Gameplay: In my opinion the gameplay is fantastic and it feels just like Rugby League. The only 2 down points in gameplay from my view is the passing of the ball and the computer A.I. Both need some work in the 2nd game. But everything else is great, I love the kicking system and also movement and fluidness of play, it feels right. I also like the difficulty settings, I think Seasoned and Legend are very challenging and I like a challenging game.
8/10

Sound: What can I say other then "THE BEST COMMENTARY EVER" in a sports game that is. I love it, Vossy and SIDHE your champions. The commentary is rarely repetative unlike major sports title's like FIFA and MADDEN as well as Rugby Union for PS2. It is fluid and it actually follows the play. The sound of the crowd is good, could be a little bit more better with some crowd chants and louder cheers and boo's but other then that the sound in Rugby League is awesome.
9/10

Lasting Appeal: If your a big Rugby League fan then go out and buy this game as it will deffinately have a lasting affect on you. If your a halfway fan or not a fan at all then I suggest don't buy it due to the fact if your not interested in the sport why buy the game of it. However Rugby League is a fans game, a great first attempt and very enjoyable. The controls are easy to master and pickup after a little while, the games are intense and it is challenging once you get up into the higher difficulties. A dream come true you might say and in this reporter's opinion Rugby League is a must have for every Rugby League Fan and it will last a very long while, well until the next Rugby League game.
9/10

Overall Score: 8/10

devonuto

Juniors
Panthers_Warriors2004 said:
THQ who makes the WWE wrestling games, get superstars in a room and photograph them and use a scanning type device to produce their image into the game. You guys could do the same thing if you wanted to and push the graphics of both XBOX and PS2 to their limits.

You want them to scan the faces of 400+ NRL players, plus another 250+ ESL players? That would waste so much time it's not funny, there are other ways of doing it, look at Tony Hawk's Underground, they use a photo of you off the internet to create a caracter that looks like you but in CGI form... but even that would take a damn long time to do all the players.

Jono Russell

Bench
i personally like that whole scanning idea it couldnt take much longer then recording over 5000 lines on commentry which we all know wouldnt just be 5000 lines aftera ll the stuff ups and everything i think it would turn into something like 10000 lines.

Clevo

Juniors
PW... I applaud you for your honest review.

I'm afraid I don;t quote equate annoying bugs with fun.... I'm pretty sure once the novelty wears off a bit those little bugs will seem pretty big.

StHelens

Juniors
devonuto said:
Panthers_Warriors2004 said:
THQ who makes the WWE wrestling games, get superstars in a room and photograph them and use a scanning type device to produce their image into the game. You guys could do the same thing if you wanted to and push the graphics of both XBOX and PS2 to their limits.

You want them to scan the faces of 400+ NRL players, plus another 250+ ESL players? That would waste so much time it's not funny, there are other ways of doing it, look at Tony Hawk's Underground, they use a photo of you off the internet to create a caracter that looks like you but in CGI form... but even that would take a damn long time to do all the players.

I should imagine he only meant a select few of the players i.e the top flight ones.

TripleM

Juniors
Didn't they already do something like that for the NRL players? It just didn't turn out too well.. they did use some mapping thing tho. You see it in the behind the scenes vid too,..

Frank_The_Tank

Juniors
speaking of the face mapping thing from tony hawks underground. i reckon it would phat for the next issue to have it in the player customisation. Ive used this on thug and it is so cool. You can get a pack with the game, a digi camera for a ps2 and a disk which allows the function to work. Its so cool you take a photo of your face and then the comp takes you through a process where you map out your own face. the result is unprecidented. its actually you on the game. face body and name included and adds so much to the game. imagine seeing yourself alongside you fave players.totally cool! not just a guy who kinda resembles you from afar

Latest posts