What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I watch people all the time making a huge effort of reversing into spaces in carparks and driveways. Myself, I'm a drive straight in guy.

I asked my brother in law (who is 20 years younger than me) why he reverses into spaces and he told me because it was easier to reverse in then out.

Anyone else have to deal with these menaces to society?

Life's Good

Coach
I watch people all the time making a huge effort of reversing into spaces in carparks and driveways. Myself, I'm a drive straight in guy.

I asked my brother in law (who is 20 years younger than me) why he reverses into spaces and he told me because it was easier to reverse in then out.

I’m a reverser. Much easier to manoeuvre into and out of the spot.
I find plenty of people who drive in can’t judge the space and are forever going forwards/backwards to get into the spot.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I only reverse when it's a tight squeeze otherwise straight in.

I'm a bit of a stickler when parking though. Equidistant from the cars front and rear, no more than 30 cms from the gutter and parallel to the gutter.

To park effectively, you must know how long and wide your car is and where the wheels are on the road in relation to the car. I don't think that's even given a thought by 95% of drivers.

Last edited:

peter file

Juniors
I work at a power station and it is compulsory reverse parking on site to enable easier escape in case of emergency.

Lambretta

First Grade
Statistics show that people who reverse in are less likely to have an accident in the car park. This is because when you reverse in, you are already taking up the road preventing others passing. But when reversing out cars know they don't have to stop to give you room as the onus not to have the accident is on the person reversing.

Statistics also show that people who reverse in are more likely to have their cars stolen as joy riders don't want to reverse out of spots.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Have I been misreading this thread all the time?

I was only giving consideration to parallel parking, not carpark or angle parking.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I didn't think the Batmobile had reverse gear.....
NpwYFeT2DOFq1IxYrQv8yYYUaLYeTDNdIAXsXe_TIesyMn71oMqADOAEY0KL86VRvdCA408Yq9knXiMo5RwlIj-K=w320-h240-nc

Eion

First Grade
Because your front wheels turn and not your back you can get a sharper angle reversing in. So...tight space reverse in, or you’ll be having 50 goes at it doing it front way.

I knew you were a assabout f**khead

Reverse in ffs

Pommy

Coach
Never mind reversing in to spaces what is the national issue with not parking against the flow of traffic on streets? you utter pests.

thorson1987

Coach
Statistics show that people who reverse in are less likely to have an accident in the car park. This is because when you reverse in, you are already taking up the road preventing others passing. But when reversing out cars know they don't have to stop to give you room as the onus not to have the accident is on the person reversing.

Statistics also show that people who reverse in are more likely to have their cars stolen as joy riders don't want to reverse out of spots.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Drive a manual, you will be pretty safe these days.