What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Tanklynpjones

Juniors
Anyone remember old games at Ringrose before Metro Cup etc when it was just A Grade, and teams like Ryde Eastwood, Mounties & Guildford used to belt each other all day??

Incorrect

Coach
Anyone remember old games at Ringrose before Metro Cup etc when it was just A Grade, and teams like Ryde Eastwood, Mounties & Guildford used to belt each other all day??

Metro Cup was where it was at for me.... I used to go down regularly and watch Metro 1st and reserve grades as I had a couple of mates who played for them, back when Ian McCann was coaching....

Used to love it - we'd sit on the hill in the winter afternoon sun, drink a few cans of icy cold New or VB or whatever they were selling and then head over the club after the game for more drinks long in to the night...

Tanklynpjones

Juniors
I remember Lance Clarke and Gary 'Kooka' Pethybridge coaching Wenty and those teams had a heap of ex grade players in them..
Good times.
Not to detract from the Metro Cup days..

Gronk

Staff member
Wenty ‏@wentymagpies 7m7 minutes ago
NSW Cup First Trial
Vs Newcastle Knights
Saturday February 13th Kick off 7.00pm
Newcastle Sportsground No. 2, Smith St, Newcastle West NSW

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty leading 6-4

Wenty basically fielding Wenty contracted players whilst Newcastle have a mixture of NRL and state cup players..,

The part timers seem to be holding their own at the moment

Stagger eel

Staff member
It was a try of a high kick and there were plenty of bodies there so I don't even think forty knew who put the ball down but it could of been Danny Howard

Quarter time 6-4 Wenty

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty just beat Newcastle 16-14...

I'm pretty sure Gagai, Nathan Ross and raw Mattautai brothers all played at some stage amongst others...awesome effort