What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, let me reiterate , Kelly never dominates in NSW cup, I understand you live interstate and watch on tv, but for the zillionth time, Kelly is very friggin average and we don't understand why he hasn't been replaced

Kelly's not the type of player that dominates in NSW Cup. Like I said, there's so much broken play that the flashy players are in their element at that level. Shitty defenders also get a free ride in NSW Cup because they're surrounded by other shitty defenders. So they're not targeted like in first grade.

That's what we continue to say, yes we know coaches play him, but some times they are blindd by pure faith and a reluctance to venture too far.

Are they more blinded than fans obsessed with the attacking side of the game? I never hear a word from you people about which player missed a tackle or failed to get back onside and left a gap. And it's understandable, because it's not the sort of thing we notice until we can watch a replay. How many replays do you see at reserve grade games?

If you can't dominate in NSW cup you are unlikely to achieve much at NRL level, you want to continue to Argie for the sake of it and misunderstand our motives and that we have watched him play lower grades

And again, Chris Sandow dominated in his few appearances in the NSW Cup. But it wasn't his attack that made him a liability in first grade.

Have you been watching the Roosters-Bunnies game? Have you noticed Nikorima? I'm guessing you rate him highly because of his strong running game, but he is a liability for the Chooks right now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You'd be hoping it's Cornish to prove a point you pathetic bandwagoning merkin...........

Death rider.

No I'm hoping he improves, because he has some good attacking skills. He's probably already NRL quality as a playmaker. I just wish you people would understand why he might not be ready for first grade. I doubt it's because of his attack.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No I'm hoping he improves, because he has some good attacking skills. He's probably already NRL quality as a playmaker. I just wish you people would understand why he might not be ready for first grade. I doubt it's because of his attack.
Yeah Cornish is not ready for first grade but Luke Kelly is :lol:

His last 3 years of output has shown your amazing RL mind this :crazy:

Delboy

First Grade
FMD Pou, do you argue with your mirror in the morning, we are on this blog to debate and have opinions, not have some philosophical argument with a mass debater.

What is that to do with Nikorima, stop deflecting anything that doesn't agree with your own overblown opinion

Kelly is not going to provide any substance to the team, we believe someone else would, even a guy that was recruited from the Raiders or our U20 half. That is all, you would give an aspirin a headache :)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pou trying to deflect by singling out a 19 yr old half on debut in a team that has been absolutely dominated in the forward and had little ball.

Still doesn't make Luke Kelly an any better option for Parramatta

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol Yeah Kelly will always play better in first grade then Nikorima will.

I never said that. Nikorima is playing out of position - if he was supposed to be in the Roosters' top 17 it was as a limited minutes dummy half runner defending in the middle. Right now he is having to defend for 80 minutes on the right edge, which is a much more important defensive role.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I never said that. Nikorima is playing out of position - if he was supposed to be in the Roosters' top 17 it was as a limited minutes dummy half runner defending in the middle. Right now he is having to defend for 80 minutes on the right edge, which is a much more important defensive role.
No but you did say that Kelly will always play better in first grade then Cornish, which was absolute BS and your opinion. Heaven help anyone who has a different opinion to your enlightened RL mind.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Take it up with the coach, pal.
I just may do that, drive 900kms tomorrow morning just so i can give BA a piece of my mind. Because i should in no way voice my opinion on an internet forum because my opinion is different to the forum know it all...........

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
FMD Pou, do you argue with your mirror in the morning, we are on this blog to debate and have opinions, not have some philosophical argument with a mass debater.

Well I couldn't have an argument by myself, could I? Believe me, I've tried.

What is that to do with Nikorima, stop deflecting anything that doesn't agree with your own overblown opinion

My point is, few people notice a poor defender at the time, unless it's pointed out by commentators. Then they might notice one bad miss and it taints the player in their memory forever. There are probably people right now who think Guerra can't tackle because Inglis pushed him off and the commentators raved about it. It was only one missed tackle but it will stick in some simple minds forever.

Kelly is not going to provide any substance to the team, we believe someone else would, even a guy that was recruited from the Raiders or our U20 half. That is all, you would give an aspirin a headache :)

Kelly does provide substance already - he is a solid backup who can kick and tackle, and as he showed for Gutherson's try, he can catch-pass within a structure. As a backup, winning games isn't his job, so it's fair that he never will.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No but you did say that Kelly will always play better in first grade then Cornish

No I don't think I did mate. I did a Google search and the only example was when you said it: https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...om kelly will always play better than cornish

You actually have a history of twisting people's words, because you're a smartypants. But you're also a dope because here on the internet we have a record of what people said.

which was absolute BS and your opinion. Heaven help anyone who has a different opinion to your enlightened RL mind.

Isn't that exactly what you and your little gang of dopes are doing to my opinion?

Dibs

Bench
No I don't think I did mate. I did a Google search and the only example was when you said it: https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...om kelly will always play better than cornish

You actually have a history of twisting people's words, because you're a smartypants. But you're also a dope because here on the internet we have a record of what people said.

Isn't that exactly what you and your little gang of dopes are doing to my opinion?

Maybe he is not talking to you individually, He may be talking to the collective you - 'youse', if you prefer. So don't take it personal. Funny how when you twist people's words that's your answer.

hindy111

Post Whore
I came on here to find out who played well in WENTY.
This thread and the under 20's thread along with squad succession id like too keep the bull$hit out and arguments. Its informative. Now i just scrolled thru 2 pages of $hit.
Lets try and have a few manners on the forum please!

Dibs

Bench
I came on here to find out who played well in WENTY.
This thread and the under 20's thread along with squad succession id like too keep the bull$hit out and arguments. Its informative. Now i just scrolled thru 2 pages of $hit.
Lets try and have a few manners on the forum please!

So you won't be posting in them then?