What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

hindy111

Post Whore
Stefano made 57 mtrs from 5 runs and 3 tackle breaks.
31 tackles and 1 missed all in 38 mins

Kafusi very quiet since been back to NSW cup.

Soto

Bench
If he can’t step it up and prove his worth after being dropped down to reserve grade then how is that the coaching staff’s fault?
Fair point but i think everyone is trying to work out why he was dropped to begin with. Yet terepo and even more bewildering moeroa stay in 1st grade.

Bazal

Post Whore
Fair point but i think everyone is trying to work out why he was dropped to begin with. Yet terepo and even more bewildering moeroa stay in 1st grade.

Because his defence demonstrated he wasn't fit enough to play the minutes we needed from him.

I'd like to see him given another shot with Brown and possibly Alvaro back (his own fitness pending) later on in the season when his defence is less important than it was without the likes of Brown

JokerEel

Coach
If he can’t step it up and prove his worth after being dropped down to reserve grade then how is that the coaching staff’s fault?

Because they are the Coach and if a player is not stepping up maybe he should be coaching him to "step up"...

T.S Quint

Coach
Because they are the Coach and if a player is not stepping up maybe he should be coaching him to "step up"...

That’s not how it works. You can coach a bloke as well as anyone possibly can but if they aren’t willing to put in the work than that’s on the player. I have no idea what’s going on with Kaufusi, but to say that his lack of form in reserve grade is all BA’s fault seems rather ridiculous to me.

He is 19 years old and could still be playing Flegg. If he can’t handle a bit of time in reserve grade then that’s on him tbh.

JokerEel

Coach
That’s not how it works. You can coach a bloke as well as anyone possibly can but if they aren’t willing to put in the work than that’s on the player. I have no idea what’s going on with Kaufusi, but to say that his lack of form in reserve grade is all BA’s fault seems rather ridiculous to me.

He is 19 years old and could still be playing Flegg. If he can’t handle a bit of time in reserve grade then that’s on him tbh.

Are all these blokes listed below not willing? or not coached correctly... Posted in another thread the Storms team from last round stick them in our Teams and they wouldnt improve either...

French
Jennings
Taka
Parry
Lolololesiuao

Salmon
Taipari

Mannah
McIIlwrick
Alvaro
Davey
Fainga'a
Stone

Kaufusi
Utoikamanu

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We were told the same with the likes of Matterson and Twal?? Is it the young. Blokes fault or the coach and his staff. But if you are being constantly left out while blokes like Penis hands and Tep constantly stink it up it’s not hard to lose heart. Young blokes seem to get lost in our system while other clubs seem to have no problem blooding young blokes successfully into their team.

Bazal

Post Whore
We were told the same with the likes of Matterson and Twal?? Is it the young. Blokes fault or the coach and his staff. But if you are being constantly left out while blokes like Penis hands and Tep constantly stink it up it’s not hard to lose heart. Young blokes seem to get lost in our system while other clubs seem to have no problem blooding young blokes successfully into their team.

Revisionist history.

Matterson was an ordinary five-eighth doing very little in the lower grades and reportedly unwilling to shift positions despite most people realising he was never going to make it as a six. Twal was always good in lower grades. The problem was he's EXACTLY the same kind of prop every merkin said we had too many of. You included! If anything Twal was even smaller than the ones you lot were whinging about.

They're no better or worse than the players we kept instead. Merkins just confuse form/fitness with ability.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Here's Twal's numbers from the weekend:

58 minutes
8 runs for 59 metres
47 tackles, 0 missed

So, basically he's 2018 Alvaro.

Matterson has been pretty good, but the club hopping indicates he wants everything his own way. There's probably not a lot of value in him.

JokerEel

Coach
Here's Twal's numbers from the weekend:

58 minutes
8 runs for 59 metres
47 tackles, 0 missed

So, basically he's 2018 Alvaro.

Matterson has been pretty good, but the club hopping indicates he wants everything his own way. There's probably not a lot of value in him.

Why is anyone talking about Twal????????????????

Materson I can understand would make a good 13 but there is a reason why the Roosters didn't keep him..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Wentworthville Magpies Canterbury Cup side to take on the New Zealand Warriors at QBE Stadium on Saturday 15 June in Round 14 of the competition has been named by Head Coach Rip Taylor.

After a 22-10 defeat to the Newtown Jets last week, Taylor has named an eighteen man squad for the clash that features Bevan French, George Jennings, Brad Takairangi, Will Smith, Oregon Kaufusi and Tepai Moeroa.

Kick off is at 8:45am.

Wentworthville Magpies

1. Bevan French
2. George Jennings
3. Josh Minhinnick
4. Ethan Parry
5. Greg Leleisiuao
6. Brad Takairangi
7. Will Smith
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Oregon Kaufusi
11. Tepai Moeroa
12. Salesi Fainga'a
13. Andrew Davey
Interchange
14. Brad Keighran
15. Mitch Butfield
16. D'Rhys Miller
17. Piki Rogers
18. Kieran Hayman

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/06/11/wentworthville-magpies-round-14-team-list?
fbclid=IwAR2vux1MWL3SB37Qa-ZdeXqEvDsGp8_i4Z9nlcLB_-6iCv83xXXXAU4JqxM

shame about the halves