What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Eels - Cricket - Reaching out - Indian community

T.S Quint

Coach
Well they'll be better dressed than me when I'm forced to wear my fifth or sixth best tuxedo.

Is this you?

BEC978D3-7CD3-42F8-A8E8-EF6E2A2AE40D_zpsfekyl9ij.jpeg

T-Boon

Coach
Parra should try to get Jason Sangha, that Gurinda Sandhu and Mirot Kholi to be fans of the club. Treat them well, get them getting around in Eels kit. etc. Get them up on youtube doing "click go the sheers".

Parra should try to get Jason Sangha, that Gurinda Sandhu and Mirot Kholi to be fans of the club. Treat them well, get them getting around in Eels kit. etc. Get them up on youtube doing "click go the sheers".

How many Indian NRL players do you know? Without a couple of Indian players it will be a big push. Gurinder is big enough, but it's probably too late to switch sports.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Virat

Angry_eel

First Grade

Lol Parra couldn't afford Virat. Sandhu and Sangha could help out Parra but why would they? They are cricketers trying to grow their own game.

Angry_eel

First Grade
No other reason than money and their own profile.

You actually think a sport competing with NRL would let their players promote NRL? Michael Clarke was a Tigers fan(allegedly?) but I don't remember him promoting the Tigers.

T-Boon

Coach
You actually think a sport competing with NRL would let their players promote NRL? Michael Clarke was a Tigers fan(allegedly?) but I don't remember him promoting the Tigers.

You are probably right, but I am not talking about what cricket or cricketers should do, I am talking about what Parra should try to do. Maybe we have already tried this angle and it fell through. Or maybe they just think it is a stupid idea. I mainly think NRL clubs don't think promotion is very important and don't want to work hard at it (remember they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into membership).