What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra looks bad in new NRL Ads

The Engineers Room

First Grade
See it here

Seems by my count we score once and are the defending team on four occassions, more than any other team I can see. It always seems to be this way, I wonder why?

Johnny88

Juniors
You would be happy as a Souths fan they do very well. Canberra is barely seen as well ah well guess we just have to win the comp :)

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm guessing there will be more than one version of the ad during the season.

Also, in fairness to the NRL, our attacking highlight from 2014 has left the sport...

Last edited:

Parra47

Juniors
Just saw the AFL season launch add, music by Boom Crash Opera, "The best Thing", great little song. The AFL crap all over us with their entertainment and choice of music. They had Hunters and Collectors a couple of years ago for their grand final. They are all over us in this. NRL really suck big ones with their music and choice of entertainment, (talking mostly about grand final day).

The Colonel

Immortal
Just saw the AFL season launch add, music by Boom Crash Opera, "The best Thing", great little song. The AFL crap all over us with their entertainment and choice of music. They had Hunters and Collectors a couple of years ago for their grand final. They are all over us in this. NRL really suck big ones with their music and choice of entertainment, (talking mostly about grand final day).

You missed Meatloaf? Lucky you....

Parra47

Juniors
Not a meatloaf fan and yes heard they sucked hugely, dosent change that they have far superior entertainment to ours.

spiderdan

Bench
the afl is 20 or so years ahead of the nrl/arl/nswrl in terms of its administration.

in the mid 90s when they had that ad stacked with international big names (evander hollifield, George burns, Carl Lewis and a bunch of others in the "I'd like to see that" ad) people asked where they got the money to do it. simple. they made the money off the back of smart administration instead of handing the wheel to deadshit old boys that clung onto the old ways instead of looking at bigger picture stuff.

like the game or hate it, for a sport played in pretty much only a country of 20m people it has done amazingly well.

http://youtu.be/w2TO35rZjO4

T.S Quint

Coach
If Jarryd Hayne was still in the NRL he would have been featured prominently.
Take him out and we don't have much else.

strider

Post Whore
to be fair dinkum - we ARE very bad when we play bad - so it gives plenty of opportunities to look ordinary

Kornstar

Coach
We manage to let the most amazing tries in against us, we make the other teams look like the Harlem globe trotters at times. If there is a miracle try to be scored, it is generally against our soft team.

Can't blame the NRL for using the best footage!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not a meatloaf fan and yes heard they sucked hugely, dosent change that they have far superior entertainment to ours.
Lucky for us our product shit's over theirs from a great height, and I'm not talking about Luke Kelly.