What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra names NRL 25-man (full time?) squad...

bartman

Immortal
Don't think anyone has posted this yet? This is from info received from the Club on Friday with the season ticket mailout and associated paraphernalia.

Parra's 25-man NRL squad (alphabetical order)
Chris Armit
Luke Burt
Aaron Cannings
Nathan Cayless (c)
Adam Dykes
Ashley Graham
Eric Grothe Jnr
Nathan Hindmarsh
Lee Hopkins
Wise Kativerata
Jamie Lyon
Wade McKinnon
John Morris
Chris Muckert
Shane Muspratt
Corey Pearson
Matthew Petersen
Craig Stapleton
Chris Thorman
Justin Tsoulos
David Vaealiki
Michael Vella
Daniel Wagon
Dean Widders
Michael Witt

bartman

Immortal
For me, the initial "surprises" are:

No Ronald Prince, James Webster, or Mal Kafusi.

Wise Kativerata, Wade MacKinnon and Craig Stapleton all made it in.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
Yeah...Ronnie Prince is the big omission.

Why would he be a BIG omission, if he was only in the part time squad last year and only managed 2 firstgrade games?

bartman

did u receive your season ticket??? I have yet to receive mine. This is the 1st time I get season long tickets and I don't know when to expect them, Does it usually take this long?

bartman

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
did u receive your season ticket??? I have yet to receive mine. This is the 1st time I get season long tickets and I don't know when to expect them, Does it usually take this long?

Hey Jake,

Yeah, they came on Friday. My dad and I are continuing ticket holders, so maybe they send them out to us first? There's a lot of mailouts for the club to send, so maybe they also do it progressively over a week based on alphabetical order? And yes, each year they usually arrive around now.

If you don't get it by Aust Day, get on the blower and chase them up!

Hurriflatch

Referee
The top 25 means very little.

It's just top 25 highest salaries at the club for the purpose of the Salary Cap.

thanx bartman

In regards to the 25 fulltime squad as Hurri said they are just the top salaries you will find that around 30 players will train fulltime at Parra even though some players are not on the list.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
bartman said:
Jake the snake said:

Hey Jake,

Yeah, they came on Friday. My dad and I are continuing ticket holders, so maybe they send them out to us first? There's a lot of mailouts for the club to send, so maybe they also do it progressively over a week based on alphabetical order? And yes, each year they usually arrive around now.

If you don't get it by Aust Day, get on the blower and chase them up!

that is actually what the footy club said to do. the girl on the desk said that they are being sent out now... but if you don't get it by australia day that you should probably chase it up. My parents have got theirs, but i haven't got mine and ..meh's and Nikki's, and they were all sent in together, go figure!! :roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
To me the biggest name missing was Mal Kaufusi.

I don't know why, but I remember his name. I think when he played for Manly he was a wrecking ball for them.

Still, it means nothing.

Kaufusi and even Moi Moi (if ready) will probably get at least one run during the season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
Twizzle said:
Yeah...Ronnie Prince is the big omission.

Why would he be a BIG omission, if he was only in the part time squad last year and only managed 2 firstgrade games?

IMO he is better than some of the recycled players that we bought, that will not play any first grde games this year, and yet have been named in the 25.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And Ronnie Prince made the 7s team, instead of alot of the "professionals".

This tells me that he has been kept out of the 25 for a reason.

Perhaps he could be on a better deal, that is outside the salary cap.

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Don't think anyone has posted this yet? This is from info received from the Club on Friday with the season ticket mailout and associated paraphernalia.

Parra's 25-man NRL squad (alphabetical order)
Chris Armit
Luke Burt
Aaron Cannings
Nathan Cayless (c)
Adam Dykes
Ashley Graham
Eric Grothe Jnr
Nathan Hindmarsh
Lee Hopkins
Wise Kativerata
Jamie Lyon
Wade McKinnon
John Morris
Chris Muckert
Shane Muspratt
Corey Pearson
Matthew Petersen
Craig Stapleton
Chris Thorman
Justin Tsoulos
David Vaealiki
Michael Vella
Daniel Wagon
Dean Widders
Michael Witt
Recruitment has never been a Parra strong point.

Latest posts