What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra NYC Coach

Jodeci

Bench
The new coach to replace Justin Holbrook is Steve Hales.

He was Assistant to Justin this year if I remember correctly.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, Sharpie brought him across from Westfield Sports High, so my spies tell me.

Yep, Sharpie brought him across from Westfield Sports High, so my spies tell me.

How do you go about hiring these spies? Do you just like, walk quietly into the pub and approach the first bloke that you see wearing a trench coat and sipping a martini?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Westfield Sports High, Michael Doolan, Cameron King, and Mark Griffiths all go there don't they? I think the club might be wanting to keep these young players by promoting a coach that they know. Let's hope he's full-time with the club too, can't afford another wasted NYC year.

Jodeci

Bench
Westfield Sports High, Michael Doolan, Cameron King, and Mark Griffiths all go there don't they? I think the club might be wanting to keep these young players by promoting a coach that they know. Let's hope he's full-time with the club too, can't afford another wasted NYC year.

Not full time as far as I know.

One of the reasons why Justin left cause there was no room on the coaching staff NRL level to make his spot full time.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
HALES was not brought in by Sharpie, he was on the staff in 2012 when Speechley was coach and assistant with Webster in 2013. I think he will need some experienced coaches as his assisstants to help him succeed.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It would be a full time gig if he was working with the full time squad also.

I don't think he was

He was:

. 0

Meet our Coaching Staff: Justin Holbrook
by L3gEndFFMME3LS
Nov 26, 2013
Sorry if already posted guys but couldnt see it.
The Dyldam Parramatta Eels are excited to bring you our third video introducing our coaching staff - this time our new Under 20s Holden Cup coach, Justin Holbrook!
Justin has been with the club over the past month preparing for the season ahead after joining us from the St George Illawarra Dragons.
?The last couple of years I?ve been with the St George Illawarra Dragons with their NYC team there, and before that with the NSW Cup side at the Bulldogs,? Holbrook said.
?So I?ve been coaching for about nine years and I really enjoy it, and I?m looking forward to having the Under 20s here at Parramatta.?
Holbrook says he jumped at the chance to join a club with a passionate and broad fan base as the Eels, as well as a club as well-resourced.
?It?s a great opportunity to get some full-time coaching, I was doing part-time at the Dragons and also working in their corporate partnerships team so it?s good to be involved full-time so I can be at all the NRL sessions,? he said.
?Obviously learning off Brad Arthur and the other assistant coaches is a good learning experience for myself to try and improve me as a coach.?
The Under 20s players have so far been back in pre-season training for the past fortnight, with the entire squad being put through their faces.
?We?ve got a rather big squad which is pretty standard, about 40 guys, and they?re all training really well as you?d expect,? he said.
?But it?s been a really positive experience from our coaching staff [perspective] as well - it?s a long way until we play but it?s all going well.?
After a disappointing year in 2013, Holbrook says he?s got high expectations of the NYC side for 2014.
?Parramatta?s always been strong in Under 16s and 18s, but haven?t been so great in the Under 20s the last few years, but they?ve also had to push a lot of their young players into the first grade side,? he said.
?But from a coaching and club perspective we?d like to have the 20s team in the semi-finals next year, so that?s obviously our goal for next year.?

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Meet-our-Coaching-Staff-Justin-Holbrook/87776.html

This was from the eels site last, content has now been moved.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I thought Holbrook was our first ever full time NYC coach.

And Ham, no way was this year wasted.

Yeah Holbrook was our first full-time NYC coach. And what I meant was previous years in the NYC, not 2014 it was great to see our Junior Eels do so well. This year Holbrook proved what is needed in the Under 20's, and that's the full-time coach.

Delboy

First Grade
I was told the only reason Holbrook left us was that he was offered an asst NRL role coach role at the Rorters, we have Gentle and Murphy in those roles who were appointed last year

If JT was still at Bondi, Holbrook would still be with us, these guys are career coaches and will always look to further themselves